By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just got Baten Kaitos

Baten Kaitos has oretty good graphics for a GCube game. The environments seem alive, which is surprising since its pre-rendered. The voice acting isn't super super good but, I read faster than the characters speak, so I don't hear it all anyways. The opening sequence had great graphics and all that.

The combat has me a little flustered though. I'm only a half hour in the game, so I guess I won't understand it that quickly but, it moves in rounds or something like that? It starts off kind of slow but I'm waiting  for it to pick up.

Comments/opinions?

(It's 3:45 A.M. right now)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I still have to get batien kaitos. Tell me how it is.

it does pick up, at first i was also confused with the card system but you`ll get the hang of it and really enjoy it, it`s a very good game and if you like it even if confused about the combat system, you are gonna love it at the end.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

I was confused at first too, but I fell in love with it. The combat system made the whole game for me.

did not like the game!!! chessy story-line, bad voice acting, no more videos than the intro, yuk.

not a fan but a gamer

Around the Network

I never played it, but my brother rented it at one point, I made him turn off the voices because they were so bad. I couldn't stand walking through the room with that game on. And I'm usually not picky about bad acting in games.

Lol

I've finally made a post on this site...

Anyway, I didn't expect a card based RPG to be that great but being able to purchase the game for $8 brand new tempt me to take a chance. Low and behold I ended up really liking game the game. Heck I ended up liking it better than Tales of Symphonia!

The voice acting for most of the characters are horrid though and the game doesn't support 480p. That aside the story is great and the game does feel alive. Just keep in mind that Baten Kaitos: Orgins has a whole different card battle system but that's for a whole different topic.

After 7 hours in, the game is really picking up and I'm starting to get a hold of the combat. Performing special combos is another issue though. But anyways, the graphics in the backgrounds are awesome, vibrant, and alive. This is probably one of the best looking GameCube games I've ever plaed. The backgrounds are the best I've seen in a RPG.

The voice acting is pretty bad, but the music is good, which I thought I would've never cared about, but after listening to Legend of Dragoon's horrible music, this is a breath of fresh air.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

You can (And should) turn off the voice acting.

Mystery Crystal, Dust Dancing in the Wind, and Chaotic Dance are all good songs.

The combat is a weird mix of skill and luck. You can build your decks accordingly (Much easier late game) whether you want to go nuts and try to blitz offence, be well mixed, well stocked with healing etc, and the skill in getting combos comes amazingly easily after a while, provided you are competent enough to count upwards or downwards (I.E. mental age above 3), but luck tells you the cards you draw.

Also, you're probably going to die. There are quite a few boss battles that you'll probably win by the skin of your teeth. Turning Off/On the damage screen lets you know elemental weakness/strengths and how your damage is calculated.

It's not a RPG for those who like to mash X to kill. Combat don't work that way, which turned off some who found combat where you had to pay attention and react fast a problem in a RPG.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.