By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - will 360 get a RPG as big as FFXIII

Soriku said:
KH - BIG NO. They'd have to pay a lot of money for this. They might've had to pay some big money for SO4, but SO isn't as big a series as FF/DQ/KH so paying for exclusivity or timed exclusivity might not have costed them THAT much.

DQ - BIGGER NO. SE's most popular franchise in Japan is DQ. They're not going to risk putting this series on the 360 which isn't popular in Japan. But either way, DQ isn't coming out for what? 3-4 years? The 360 will be dead by then lol (same with Wii and PS3 probably. Though maybe the Wii might last logn enough for DQ X to be one of the Wii's "final" games).

I doubt they'll get anything as big as FF (or as big as FF).

Dragon Quest would sell a lot of 360s.  The Japanese are too loyal to that series for a DQ game to sell poorly on any console in Japan

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Nah, they'd have to pay a lot for Kingdom Hearts and it still probably wouldn't sell as much as Final Fantasy 13. It's the biggest RPG series next to Dragon Quest and that series belongs to Nintendo. No other series really comes close, at least in terms of sales.

This is assuming that that we're talking solely about RPGs made in Japan.

I agree with Montana, except that I'd say KH isn't even relatively in the same league as FF in sales or quality.

So, in essence, unless the 360 gets FFXIII, then it there is no other game as big as FFXIII, to get.

That said, 2 or 3 good JRPG's are better than one great JRPG, when all things are added up. FFXII, for instance, was an amazing game, but I'd take Persona 3 + Disgaea over it anyday.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Nah, they'd have to pay a lot for Kingdom Hearts and it still probably wouldn't sell as much as Final Fantasy 13. It's the biggest RPG series next to Dragon Quest and that series belongs to Nintendo. No other series really comes close, at least in terms of sales.

This is assuming that that we're talking solely about RPGs made in Japan.

I agree with Montana, except that I'd say KH isn't even relatively in the same league as FF in sales or quality.

So, in essence, unless the 360 gets FFXIII, then it there is no other game as big as FFXIII, to get.

That said, 2 or 3 good JRPG's are better than one great JRPG, when all things are added up. FFXII, for instance, was an amazing game, but I'd take Persona 3 + Disgaea over it anyday.

KH1 and KH2 were awesome IMO but I respect everyone's opinions

shio said:
Final Fantasy is the third biggest RPG franchise today, only behind Pokémon and World of Warcraft.

Will 360 ever get an RPG as popular as FFXIII? No.

Will 360 ever get an RPG as good as FFXIII? Almost definitely yes.
Fixed.