By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - will 360 get a RPG as big as FFXIII

brute said:
sc94597 said:
I don't think microsoft is willing to pay as much as square enix would get if they made the game for a console it would actually sell on. Especially when microsoft gets very little benefit from it.

but the game would sell alot of 360's and then those guys will buy more games which will actually benefit microsoft

No matter what game they get they won't get japanese support this gen. So no not alot of 360s sold. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
I don't think microsoft is willing to pay as much as square enix would get if they made the game for a console it would actually sell on. Especially when microsoft gets very little benefit from it.

but the game would sell alot of 360's and then those guys will buy more games which will actually benefit microsoft

No matter what game they get they won't get japanese support this gen. So no not alot of 360s sold. 

your saying dragon quest wont sell 360's in japan?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
sc94597 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:

Yes that is what I'm saying. I don't even believe the 360 will be supported anymore when Dragon Quest X is released. IX is yet to be released. 

sc94597 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:

Yes that is what I'm saying. I don't even believe the 360 will be supported anymore when Dragon Quest X is released. IX is yet to be released. 

im sure microsoft will be getting some rpg's to still be supporting it till it realeses(like with SO4)thats why i think it could really help it,also DQIX will be released this fiscal year and its on a hand held so DQX might be released the next fiscal year

brute said:
sc94597 said:
brute said:
MANUELF said:
Only Pokémon is bigger than Final Fantasy in RPG´s sales and is first party.

but microsoft could try to get DQ since its the biggest rpg series in japan(next to pokemon),its bigger then FF there

The problem is that itgets almostall of it's sales from japan. Why would square enix put it on a console that is absolutelydead in japan.

big bags of cash

For the amount of cash it would cost they may as well just buy Square Enix.

Around the Network

^well if they did buy SE then they would probably win japan,but it will never happen

MANUELF said:
Only Pokémon is bigger than Final Fantasy in RPG´s sales and is first party.

Basically.  As far as sales go anyway. 

As for quality... it's a possibility.  Won't really know more until we actually know something about FF13 outside of there being a female cloud, a scruffy guy on a motorcycle and Shiva is a motorcycle. 

^i dont think SE would ruin FF its quality will be great

brute said:
sc94597 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:

im sure microsoft will be getting some rpg's to still be supporting it till it realeses(like with SO4)thats why i think it could really help it,also DQIX will be released this fiscal year and its on a hand held so DQX might be released the next fiscal year

NO if DX10 is going to be released next fiscal year it will be another handheld game, and that is calling it close.

^i doubt SE would release two DQ in the main series for hand helds