By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives MGS4 10/10

dtewi said:
This is no insult to MGS4, but 10s are being given out like candy now...

Kinda, but if GTAIV had gotten the 9.4 it deserved, everything would be all good right now.

Around the Network

How much did it cost?

EHSTEVE said:
Torillian said:
I don't know.....no 10's for how long...and then two ten scores in two months?

Regardless so far I'm loving the game, so fuk it.

THE REVIEW SYSTEM IS BROKEN!!!!! AHHH!!!!!

Leave it to Metal Gear Solid 4 to break the "system" ;)

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Slimebeast said:
How much did it cost?

£40.

$60, if you're american.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
dtewi said:

Kinda, but if GTAIV had gotten the 9.4 it deserved, everything would be all good right now.

Yes, but because it started the huge overflow of 10s, it makes me question the validility of 10s now, no matter on what game.'

It seems reviewers are too lenient nowadays.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
How much did it cost

~ what Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey did? 

Anyway, I liked this:

Another Take

Buy this game. I don't care if the gameplay in the past titles didn't appeal to you, I don't care if long cutscenes scare you, and I don't care if you're broke.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the best reason to own a PlayStation 3 thus far.

I've played every Metal Gear Solid game since the series won me over in 1998, and I can tell you that I have never felt as connected to Snake as I did in this game. Hell, I've never felt this connected to any character in any other videogame that I've played. Our hero has gone from a soldier in his prime to an elderly warrior trying to make a difference. We see Snake struggle, we see Snake win, we see Snake lose, we see Snake relax, and we see Snake become a truly three-dimensional character. Whether he's chilling on the Nomad in street clothes, discussing his turn of fortune with "friends," or taking part in the game's phenomenal final boss battle, this is the greatest iteration of the character that I have ever seen.

This game is emotional, powerful, fun, beautiful, deep, engaging, and just about every other positive adjective you could assign it. Metal Gear Solid 4 pulls you in and doesn't let you go until the final, final credits roll.

I'm sad to Snake go, but he couldn't have asked for a better sendoff.

SpartanFX said:
did you guys see the 11/10 comment?

I m palying the game and I give it 20/10,,,11/10 is an insult ,lol j/k

I rather it gets 11/10, you know some idiot *coughEuroGamer* will give/gave the game a ridiculous low-score.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
dtewi said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
dtewi said:

Yes, but because it started the huge overflow of 10s, it makes me question the validility of 10s now, no matter on what game.'

It seems reviewers are too lenient nowadays.

Yeah, the GTA incident made me question the validity of numerical scores.  Watching the vids/previews/reviews of this game, however, convinces me that it is leagues apart from GTAIV, review score aside.  Can't wait to start playing, personally.

I'd add it to gamerankings, but they've disabled new accounts...

EHSTEVE said:
I'd add it to gamerankings, but they've disabled new accounts...

I tried to send all the other scores in the official MGS4 review thread but they wouldnt allow me. "the service has been disabled"