By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone know of any website still carrying the mgs4 ps3 80gb?

At my local Wal-Mart, they had 2-3 in the display case at about 7:30 PM tonight. Doesn't help someone who's looking for it online though.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
FishyJoe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
LOL.....I remember how everyone bashed my thread of 80GB MGS4 bundles selling out on Amazon....n how it was crappy evidence n how MGS4 80GB bundles were going to flop bla bla bla bla bla....

Not quite. People were disagreeing how you were using Amazon as proof. Not so much with your original premise.

For example, right now MGS4 is second behind the Wii and Wii Fit. Do I think that MGS4 is actually selling worse than those two? Probably not, but that is what Amazon is showing.

Now if I made a thread saying something like "Wii and Wii Fit domination, outselling MGS4 on Amazon", is that really any different than what you did?

I was away from the forums for a couple of days/weeks but didnt he say "HOLY SHIT MGS4 BUNDLE SOLD OUT ON AMAZON!" and not "Mgs4 bundle owning Wii because it sold out on amazon"

there is a big difference there. He pointed out that something was selling very well and gfot rediculed for it. He didnt say something was selling better than something else by unofficial numbers like you are suggesting he did

Actually, if he had just said sold out at Amazon, you'd be right. But some tried to use it as proof of the cause of Amazon crashing and a lot of other madness. And after rereading the thread, there really isn't that much criticism. Perhaps a few trolly things said, but nothing out of the ordinary for topics with 'domination' in the title.

cwbys21 said:
I didn't think it would be that limited actually. Yet when I bought mine today the guy at Walmart said they only got 8 consoles. Can't imagine any other store getting more.

The gamespot near me said 4 consoles..... and they sold them within the first 20 mins

I picked up my limited edition mgs4  and picked up the limited collectors strategy guide, which is very nice and hardcover. They only got one of them in. 

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

you're not the only one, several stores here were sold out in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Walmart.com is all out of 80GB MSG4 bundles. I wonder how many they had. According to that site as well so is every Walmart within 30 miles of my house.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

My BestBuy still had 6 that I could see at lunch time, not that it's going to help you much.........

If I had to make a guess I would say Sony shipped between 50 and 100k bundled this week in NA, the question being are they going to ship more or is it all they had....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !