By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination increasing...

psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Since when is stating the success of one company in the industry "shoving it in the face" of others? If you aren't big on Wii success, then you could just ignore the topic completely. If you are a Nintendo fan, or just someone who likes the Wii, you can check out this data against what is currently being said by people like the NYT's and realize just how much better the Wii is doing than people want you to believe.

If someone makes a "MGS4 gets a 10 from IGN" thread, should it be locked because it's "shoving it in the faces of 360 owners"?

i have no problem with such threads, i have made one once, but i have found THAT THEY  usually attract users like impulsivity because it's a flamebait

So, psrock "has no problem with such...flamebait."

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@shams

if SONY actually start advertising their games (not crappy ones like HAZE BTW), it might.....

They had to advertise haze.  I mean that's how the game got exclusive. (one would imagine)

Back before it was an exclusive the game looked like it would be awesome.  I mean it was Free Radical. 

brute said:
TheBigFatJ said:
Ajax said:
Sonydomination starts with Little Big Planet

What's little big planet?

is this a joke post?

if not,its a platformer developed/published by sony,its very hyped

Yeah... it should rule... though i'm a little deflated since it turns out the enemys they promised weren't actual enemys.

Desroko said:

I think they may be onto something. There's been a significant Nintendo bias in the sales chart for some time - since about Nov. 2006, as a matter of fact.

Heh... what was that saying somebody had in their sig?  Reality has a Wii bias.

When the Wii gets anywhere near the PS1 or PS2 (or I bet anything the 2013 PS3 totals) numbers in the 100 million plus range feel free to call me a fanboy and point out Nintendomination. Nintendo has "won" before with the domination of the first and to a lesser extent the second generation of post atari consoles and given it up in large part because they dropped off on innovation and fell too far behind in technology. Given that Nintendo hasn't had a hit since the early 90s super Nintendo they were due for one. The N64 and Gamecube were both boondongles and Sony has yet to make a failing console (the rumors of the PSPs death were greatly exaggerated for one thing)

You act like one or two years of Nintendo selling more is greater then the 11 years of Sony on top by a good margin. If you think once the PS3 starts rolling through the end of this year with quality exclusives and a lower price its going to stay in 3rd you missed the last two generations. I bet you anything over its lifetime the PS3 will sell tens of millions more then the Wii since it won't be truly obsolete for 6 or 7 more years while the Wii has about 2 left.

And yes "Nintendomination" is flame bait especially because its barely true. PS2 with 70% of the market (sometimes more) was domination, Sony still gets about 40% of the sales in many markets with Nintendo picking up about 50% between console and portable sales, they lost to Nintendo on gaming revenue by only about 20% through 2007 which was a bad year for Sony compared to this year so far. The only console really failing is Microsoft with its rather sad 10% of the video game market. When Nintendo controls 70% of the market and Sony is down in the depths of console purgatory like MS has been the last two generations feel free to claim victory. Maybe if Nintendo wins we can have 2001 console tech for another 10 years! Lucky us.

Oh for the numbers complaint 120 million+25 million+ 21 million=166 million which is a 72% market share for the PS2 last gen.  Thats of course somewhat unfair to the PS2 since its still selling and probably has at least a year left if not 2.  I doubt Sony will end with 72% again this time, but 50% isn't out of the picture when all the consoles are gone.  Probably about 30% Wii at 60 million, 20% 360 around 35 million and 50% PS3 around 100 million.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Around the Network

I've noticed that the troll doesn't talk about games, he talks about technology (wrongly, but we'll ignore that for now).

By this logic, we all suck for not buying the 3DO.

Impulsivity said:
I bet you anything over its lifetime the PS3 will sell tens of millions more then the Wii since it won't be truly obsolete for 6 or 7 more years while the Wii has about 2 left.

You'll bet anything? Okay. I'll bet you. How much money do you have?

fkusumot said:
Impulsivity said:
I bet you anything over its lifetime the PS3 will sell tens of millions more then the Wii since it won't be truly obsolete for 6 or 7 more years while the Wii has about 2 left.

You'll bet anything? Okay. I'll bet you. How much money do you have?

Will you take your winnings in trade? He's already bought several thousands of dollars in Sony merchandise, you see.

Desroko said:
I've noticed that the troll doesn't talk about games, he talks about technology (wrongly, but we'll ignore that for now).

By this logic, we all suck for not buying the 3DO.

How many 9+ games are out for Wii?  Seems to be somewhere around 6 (all 1st party rehashes of games already played with marginal improvements) Galaxy, Melee, Metroid, Twilight Princess, and some game I've never heard of called Zack and Wiki.  There's debatably Okami too but thats a rehashed PS2 game very playable on the PS2 where it got better reviews.  

Alternately on the PS3 theres two 10s (as compared to none for Wii) Metal Gear Solid 4 and GTA 4 both of which play drastically different then their predecessors in large part because of the expanded tech in the PS3 (you could never in a million years make either game for the Wii).  There are also 10 9+ games Rock Band, Call of Duty 4, Ratchet and Clank, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Pro Evolution Soccer, Elder Scrolls 4, Uncharted, Resistance, Unreal Tournament 3, Devil May Cry 4, Folklore and Motorstorm.

If you want to talk games thats very clearly advantage PS3, unless of course you have a strong nostalgia complex that makes any game you've already played before 3 times with no real changes better.  Or you really love the imagine games and mini game collections in which case the Wii is clearly your system.  I will give props to Wii fit though, that made me start up the Wii again after a long hiatus. 

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

The troll also relies on reviewers to tell him what to think, instead of deciding that matter for himself.