By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crystal Bearers cancelled?

Didn't I just tel you guys a few months ago that it wasn't canceled?

Instead of speculating so damn much, just frikkin ask them.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

No, it isn't.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

I hope it is...

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:
I hope it is...

I hope you're canceled.

j/k

The rEVOLution is not being televised

CAL4M1TY said:

I think you need to step back in time to the NES and SNES era, Nintendo were absolute assholes back then to 3rd party dev's, even going into the N64 era and being stubborn about CD's.

If anything, Nintendo has to show alot more love (monetary wise) to 3rd party dev's more so then Sony or Microsoft do.

But even still now, Nintendo is reluctant to buy support in a market where all 3 major competitors are viable options for 3rd party dev's to make games on, who are they going to choose? Sony and Microsoft who have treated them well for 3 generations (sony) and extremely well this gen (microsoft) vs a Company who hasn't shown yet that if they were to win out this gen, won't turn into the same assholes of years past.

If there's anyone to blame, it's Nintendo.

Great argument here. Nintendo was mean to companies 20 years ago, so no one should develop for them now. I'm sure Namco is perfectly willing to drop all support for the most profitable Japanese platforms (Wii + DS) because Nintendo tried to stop them from making games for the Megadrive in 1988. Brilliant business decision. By the way, Activision also shouldn't be allowed to make games for any current platforms, because they created some unlicensed Atari catridges in the early 1980s.

How dare Nintendo not bribe companies to develop for them! The arrogance!

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network
Sullla said:
CAL4M1TY said:

I think you need to step back in time to the NES and SNES era, Nintendo were absolute assholes back then to 3rd party dev's, even going into the N64 era and being stubborn about CD's.

If anything, Nintendo has to show alot more love (monetary wise) to 3rd party dev's more so then Sony or Microsoft do.

But even still now, Nintendo is reluctant to buy support in a market where all 3 major competitors are viable options for 3rd party dev's to make games on, who are they going to choose? Sony and Microsoft who have treated them well for 3 generations (sony) and extremely well this gen (microsoft) vs a Company who hasn't shown yet that if they were to win out this gen, won't turn into the same assholes of years past.

Great argument here. Nintendo was mean to companies 20 years ago, so no one should develop for them now. I'm sure Namco is perfectly willing to drop all support for the most profitable Japanese platforms (Wii + DS) because Nintendo tried to stop them from making games for the Megadrive in 1988. Brilliant business decision. By the way, Activision also shouldn't be allowed to make games for any current platforms, because they created some unlicensed Atari catridges in the early 1980s.

\o/\o/\o/\o/

"Do not fear the man that knows his field, fear the man that knows little of it, that is the man that talks the most."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Sullla said:
CAL4M1TY said:

Yeah, there's always exceptions to the rule, thanks for pointing them out (in fact, Nintendo may be the exception to the rule, in which case I pointed an isolated case, my bad if true).

Point is, We are at a stage in this generation when no clear winner is in sight, PS2 blew GCN and Xbox out of the water within the first 2 years, Ditto PS1, SNES and NES.

I was quite happy to use the "nintendo were assholes and now are getting their come uppance" buttt if you want to force my hand...

There are many reasons Nintendo isn't getting 3rd party support:

1) They are unwilling to buy it, where as MS and Sony have heavily invested, providing a safety net for these companies

2) Core third party titles that have very little appeal to the casual market (so you can take out Guitar Hero and Lego) don't sell on the Wii. There are exceptions, but the majority of cases is like this.

3) Nintendo were assholes back then, and they are being ass holes right now (in a different way). 3rd party dev's don't create games out of the kindness of their heart, they do it to MAKE MONEY. From a purely financial point of view, would you rather developer a game for a un-named company that pays for a portion of your development costs or another that doesn't? It's not about loyalty, it's about money, why do you think so many have jumped shipped from Sony this gen?

So yes, Nintendo are still being assholes now (in a different way).

4) Please don't use the DS as an example of 3rd party support. It's in a market where it's clearly dominating the competition, third party developers wanting a portable game (cheaper dev costs) would go there, they don't have much choice. Wii on the other hand is a different story.

5) EVERYBODY thought Nintendo were screwed this generation. 3rd Party dev's made development tools and engines for the HD consoles, because that was believed to be the next step up and what would be the norm. Nintendo racing out of the blocks was a shock to EVERYBODY, aside from those few development houses that were going to make low cost games to sell on the Wii (Crystal Chronicles).

As a 3rd party dev, would you switch development to the Wii and create new game engines for that OR would you develop games using the tools you invested time and money in, so that you can recoup money as soon as possible?

6) Please don't use Namco-Bandai as an Example, they have one good game coming out on the Wii, and that's Tales. Seeing as how knowledgeable you are of the industry, you should know Tales of Vesperia exists, why would Namco Bandai make two Vesperia games on HD consoles (any HD console) and force competition within itself?

Ditto Square Enix and all the other Developers (Konami, Capcom etc) that are dealing out their Second tier titles on the Wii?

7) Nintendo is being arrogant. They may have alot of bargaining power at the moment due to the number of consoles they have out there, yet they still do not buy third part support, like I said before, in a market with no clear dominant force as of yet. I don't like getting screwed out of good games because Nintendo are money-hungy and are unwilling to buy support from developers who are by the way BUSINESSES (who's goal is to make money, not be good people).

It's not a crazy conspiracy or coincidence that Wii isn't getting (EDIT:) Flagship games. Don't go blaming Third Party developers just because Microsoft and Sony are making them better offers, or rather, are actually making them offers.

EDITED

I think they're completely remaking the game, SE didn't anticipate the Wii's succes.

CAL4M1TY said:

Waterfall of text*

Wow.

Thanks, you just opened up a can of worms. In an unrelated thread. Now it's going to get derailed into oblivion.

@Cal

Nintendo is a hardware/software comapny, they make their software to sell their hardware, they have just as much on the line if not more than Capcom, Tecmo and any other software company. Their games appear on Nintendo consoles and leave a mark, that mark has to be as wide reaching and as positive as possible.

Hardball and being @ssholes are two different things, one is just business the other is a personal issue. I hate strawman arguements but Sony is one of the head of the RIAA who sue people for youtubing videos of them dancing to songs under the RIAA umbrella. (On PS3 no link)
My point here beyond the who's wrong or right is that money is the goal of business, but using legality to enforce your business model means that your just too lazy to conjive a strong business model and probably don't deserve any penny you gained through that method. (Just my 2 cents)

1. So what your saying is that you have a double standard issue.. incase you don't understand the counter arguement would be here: "Companies would be safe in making big budget crap games, because Nintendo would cushion the blow should consumers not buy into it?"
Your number 1 is pointless.

2. Yes there are exceptions... mind pointing out the non-exceptions. =)

3. This is basically (1) again why are you repeating yourself?

4. People mention the DS because unlike you apprantly they remember a time when he DS wasn't market leader and was trending similarly to he Wii until around the time of Nintendogs and Brain Age and the such let's not forget New Super Mario Bros. =.= Oh and the new SKU.

5. Crystal Chronicles... this is again your double standard, self supporting logic is a step towards fanaticism, take a step back and breath. If your saying FFCC (your example) is low budget, then low budget to what and could you please inform me of where you saw the budget for this game. Also if your comparing it to FFXIII then I give up right now.

6. So now a game being announced is competing with a game that will be released year(s) before hand, got'a get me one a dem der time machines.

7. Yes, because your special and unique. Also again this is a repeat of one. So you only had 5 issues?

Your opinion is your own, just please place imo or a ^_^ at the end, because otherwise I'd have to believe your spewing truths, which if that's the case all I've read in your are manipulatied lies.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D