By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crystal Bearers cancelled?

@Trestres If you look at the trailer there is about 3 seconds of gameplay. Maybe when they want to show it they want to show gameplay. You know if it looks bad graphically, or gameplay wise people will complain so they want to get it right. ALso development could have changed again.

Around the Network

Oh okay, i get it know :P but i thought there was another reason for all the hype of this game.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

sc94597 said:
@Zucas It was shown at E306, then in may of last year another trailer was shown.

Hmm then this may be vaporware haha.  Of course I said the same thing about Heavy Rain and that's actually starting to show things haha.  Who knows I guess.

Oh it was in May then... 18 months without notices. That's way worse. If development changed I think it's being turned into this FFCC:EoT game. Or in other words cancelled so that the FFCC:CB team can focus on DS and maybe the HD platforms and PSP too.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

@Trestres Yet they did mention that they were playing the game in that article in march about Ring of Fates. So that means its only been 7 months.

Around the Network

Oh come on tres get over yourself, your happy one second the next you find something to be upset about, can't you go enjoy some games; joy helps you live longer. Don't you want to live a full life? Or are you content with being upset?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@dib8rman: Everything's OK :P

I like to be upset about something that's true. Hopefully SE, Ubisoft keep me entertained. But meanwhile I'm enjoying a lot of other things.

Wii doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage, there's simply no reason. What is SE thinking? Many people called me an idiot, a whiner, they told me to wait till the SE event, then it was postponed until TGS. How long should Wii owners have to wait to get the support the platform really deserves. Don't tell me to wait more, I'm getting tired. I'm much content with what other companies are offering, but SE is just disgusting... I really hope they go bankrupt along with Ubisoft. They are ruining the industry, bunch of graphic whores.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@dib8rman: Everything's OK :P

I like to be upset about something that's true. Hopefully SE, Ubisoft keep me entertained. But meanwhile I'm enjoying a lot of other things.

Wii doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage, there's simply no reason
. What is SE thinking? Many people called me an idiot, a whiner, they told me to wait till the SE event, then it was postponed until TGS. How long should Wii owners have to wait to get the support the platform really deserves. Don't tell me to wait more, I'm getting tired. I'm much content with what other companies are offering, but SE is just disgusting... I really hope they go bankrupt along with Ubisoft. They are ruining the industry, bunch of graphic whores.

I think you need to step back in time to the NES and SNES era, Nintendo were absolute assholes back then to 3rd party dev's, even going into the N64 era and being stubborn about CD's.

If anything, Nintendo has to show alot more love (monetary wise) to 3rd party dev's more so then Sony or Microsoft do.

But even still now, Nintendo is reluctant to buy support in a market where all 3 major competitors are viable options for 3rd party dev's to make games on, who are they going to choose? Sony and Microsoft who have treated them well for 3 generations (sony) and extremely well this gen (microsoft) vs a Company who hasn't shown yet that if they were to win out this gen, won't turn into the same assholes of years past.

If there's anyone to blame, it's Nintendo.

@Calamity: That's partially true, but why isn't PSP getting as many games as the DS?

Thing is developers are against a change like the one Nintendo made. Wii is something new and devs, some of them that are the minority, hate it. SE and Ubisoft are examples.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

CAL4M1TY said:

I think you need to step back in time to the NES and SNES era, Nintendo were absolute assholes back then to 3rd party dev's, even going into the N64 era and being stubborn about CD's.

If anything, Nintendo has to show alot more love (monetary wise) to 3rd party dev's more so then Sony or Microsoft do.

But even still now, Nintendo is reluctant to buy support in a market where all 3 major competitors are viable options for 3rd party dev's to make games on, who are they going to choose? Sony and Microsoft who have treated them well for 3 generations (sony) and extremely well this gen (microsoft) vs a Company who hasn't shown yet that if they were to win out this gen, won't turn into the same assholes of years past.

If there's anyone to blame, it's Nintendo.

This is a non-issue when it comes to Square-Enix working on Nintendo platforms. They've done nothing but good things for Square over the last couple of years thanks to the DS. They aren't going to just up and cancel their biggest game for the Nintendo home console, and they would've announced it a long time ago if they did.

I don't think we're going to see it anytime this year, but there's still a chance with Jump Festa.

As for Ubishit; Well, why are people still talking about them anyway?