By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gametrailers: MGS4 Review

I don't see how they could give 9.0 on design with all they said about the graphics and the magnifying glass.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
Godot said:
I don't see how they could give 9.0 on design with all they said about the graphics and the magnifying glass.

For real..... i doono it maybie just me but i dont think i seen a better looking game (i think its one of the best looking games on the market).....(plz dont flame....its my oppinion)

^^but...but... Uncharted..... (j/k) Seriously, GT needs to get a brain. badly

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:
^^but...but... Uncharted..... (j/k) Seriously, GT needs to get a brain. badly

actually, i liked uncharted but i like the style of this game a lot better

TheBigFatJ said:
colonelstubbs said:
9.3 my ass. It deserves a 10.

And yes i can now say that i have in fact played the game so i know what im talking about

At gamerankings.com it looks set to drop below 9/10 now that all of the official playstation magazine 10/10 scores are getting dragged down by the normal (non playstation) review sites giving it so many 8/10 scores.

Get your head outta your ass. giving it so many 8's... WTF? THREE EIGHTS ARE OH SO MANY? and all of those TWO official playstation magazines are really effecting the score. I repeat TWO REVIEWS FROM OPM's. not like 20 what you make it seem like in both cases,

Also gamerankings doesnt have OPM Italy's 100%, OPM Belgiums 96%, Power Unlimited's 90%, Cheifs 97%, Levels 100%, Joypads 95%, Jeuxvideo Magazines 100%, Hobby Consolas 96%, PlayFrances 95%, IGN UK 99%, Meristations 100%, Hardgames 90%, Famitsu's 100%, Fox News' (lol) 100%, Rise of Games' 100%, Gamers Report's 95%, Game Informer's 100% and 98%, Player Tv's 100%, or gameplayers 100%

Go to hell troll

Around the Network

That was biased to the core; then again they aren't known for good reviews so oh well; my LE still hasn't gotten here yet >

they didn't find that many faults, i thought they would give it at least 9.5 but 9.3 is not bad i remember gamespot gave snake eater 8.7 that was bad

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

People seriously need to calm down. Getting all crazy on a reviewer for a low score.

I mean how dare he give it a 9.3?!?!

ugh...... I miss the days when we only got riled up and crucified reviewers for giving 8.8s.

For all the talk about how reviewers are overrating products these days whenever a notorious game comes out the fans refuse to take any reviews under 9.5 seriously. You're all just encouraging this annoying cycle which will end up with a review system of 10.1/10 for great games and 10.0/10 for garbage.

It's gotten to the point I can't even blame the reviewers. They should have better journalistic integrity and rate a game based on its merits without bowing to pressure to inflate scores but apparently a bad score ruins your credibility and you are suddenly 'biased' and if hits/subscriptions drop the site/magazine will suffer.

Edit:  As much as I love GR for going back and checking random games and comparing review averages between titles they play a huge part in this.  Without GR/MC giving an overall score for a game people would just disregard a score they didn't like and go on with their lives.  Now people are taking reviews personally if it looks to have a chance to hurt their favorite game's overall average.

Wow I was surprised at the spoiler, GT are normally very careful about that.

It was the one video review site I go to before I buy games, but that has put my trust off a bit.

I actually felt a little sad at the end, like I felt for Master Chief in Halo 3.

TheBigFatJ said:
colonelstubbs said:
9.3 my ass. It deserves a 10.

And yes i can now say that i have in fact played the game so i know what im talking about

At gamerankings.com it looks set to drop below 9/10 now that all of the official playstation magazine 10/10 scores are getting dragged down by the normal (non playstation) review sites giving it so many 8/10 scores.

Anyone who's seen vids of this game in action and then doesn't play it because of some sites' numerical scores is a dumb shit.

Looking at the game and listening to people's words about it should give any reasonably perceptive person the impression that this is a great, great game that has distanced itself even from other very good games.