By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Majesco bringing ‘Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009′ to Wii

Bored4life said:

Hehe, couldn't have said it better myself. The Wax wings are gonna melt on this one.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

And the Wii Fit clones start rolling in...

(Side note: Majesco must be one of the worst publishers out there. The only good games I can think of that they've ever published have been Psychonauts and Phantom Dust.)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

LIKE what i said in my original post

if it is BETTER than wiifit, i'll buy it to REPLACE wiifit. superior product wins out,

if it is just as good as or worse than wiifit, then i won't buy it.

they Definately need a circuit mode, heck maybe an enhanced mode so you can focus on different parts of body on different days.

radioioRobert said:
@ stranne: i think you might be wrong on that one.

I may have been too quick on that one. Try #2:

Will it sell millions? No.

Will it sell more than other (pre-Wii Fit) competing products? Maybe.

Will it make a profit? Yes.

Well... Looks like the DS, when there's that avalanche of Brain Training games coming.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network

Jayyyyy!!!
What else you can say

And so Nintendo's plans to expand the video game industry into new markets has really begun to gain traction.

Expect the video games industry to morph into the video interactive entertainment industry by next gen.

Guys, Wii Fit is not for every one. Advance users who purchased Wii Fit will need something more challenging and one of those titles may fill that void. Beginning users my graduate from using Wii Fit and need something more. Also there are other exercises that are good for the body that Wii Fit does not cover. The more fitness software that takes advantage of the balance board the more options the users have and it also gives them a chance to find products that fit their fitness needs. Wii Fit is not an all encompassing product. No fitness product ever is. This is why Fitness is such a booming industry.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

If Majesco pops this title out fast enough, that may speak volumes in regards to the game being potential shovelware. It may not take long to write the basic code for these games and produce the relatively basic visuals, but tailoring the program to really optimize use of the Balance Board is a different matter.

I have some thoughts regarding the need or even viability of multiple fitness programs using the Wii Balance Board. Mainly that they really aren't necessary unless significantly better (or different) than Wii Fit.

Wii Fit is included with every board.

Balance Board is not available separately.

The average Wii Fit user is probably not going to be using Wii Fit every day over an extended period of time (six months) other than to monitor BMI/weight, much less start a second balance board based program if Wii Fit didn't give them the results they wanted.

Those who are still using the program to work out by the time this is released are not going to pick it up with the idea in mind of doing two concurrent Balance Board based exercise programs.

But all final opinions should be withheld until the program actually ships.

Actually Majesco has 2 other good titles I can think of.

Blast Works is getting good reviews right now (though it's not a title for me).

And believe it or not, The New York Times Crossword Puzzle game is REALLY good. Much better than the crappy DS crossword game Nintendo just released. I got it because I like crosswords, saw strong reviews, and it was a budget title. It far exceeded my expectations (I knew going in it was a Majeco title).

But I would always proceed with caution with this publisher, the shovelware record speaks volumes about them. I hope I'm wrong and that it's actually good.

If Majesco ran teaser ads (I know, Majesco running ads is a joke in itself) during the summer season of The Biggest Loser, they could really move some shovelsoftware. And if it's actually good, could be a big title.

Could the Wii ever be the fitness DVD killer? No, but it could garner a pretty good library of fitness titles (Games that focus on one area of fitness only, with a deep amount of games in each area (a yoga only title, an aerobics only title, a strength only title, etc) or games that allow you to schedule daily/weekly routines. This could be true Blue Ocean if deep thought was put into the "game"play, however that won't happen from all publishers. 

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709