By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Silly Wii question

It's always been vertical for me

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

Horizontal, it doesn't fit right vertically in my entertainment center.

Horizontal, because when spinning a disk in a vertical position, you have:
F(side moving downward) = F(motor) + F(gravity)
F(side moving upward) = F(motor) - F(gravity)

Now, F(Gravity) is the same for both sides, and F(Motor) must be the same due to the fact that they are being spun by the same motor.

This means that the difference of the forces != 0, which means there are mismatched forces while spinning which can lead to damaged disks. Now, I assume Nintendo has accounted for this, but even so - better safe than sorry.

EDIT: I realize that the difference in forces is minute, and my math is very simplified; I just prefer to play it safe, and don't wanna type out the actual math.  I have done it in a more thorough fashion though

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

i keep it vertical

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Horizontal, so it will fit.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network

Horizontal when it was in the TV cabinet, but then i got a PS3 and it would not fit in the cabinet, and i could not have the PS3 out sitting on top all alone, so i moved the wii up next to it (vertically) and there they live happy together.

lol opps forgot to invert the pic, all i can say is "to the left, to the left" oh god, awful song

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Vertical, right of my vertical PS3

Horizontal. Too much of an old school gamer. The only time we had a console vertical was the PS1 when it wouldn't read disks

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

Vertical. Right next to my television like Shigeru Miyamoto wanted!

11ht11 said:

just like this

WoW, how do you get the controler to float like that