By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Lately, who thinks NPD.....

I blame Wii fit.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network

If they were so wrong, why didn't Sony and MS say anything about it?

In Australia, Sony was quick to point out how GFK data was wrong. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same if NPD was wrong.

I appreciate VGChartz, but I view NPD as far more accurate.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
I appreciate VGChartz, but I view NPD as far more accurate.

You should've said.... 

VGChartz is great, and although NDP is slightly more accurate, It costs alot, and VGC is more assesable...VGC would be he easiest way and most cost effecive way of getting my Data. All Hail VGC!!!!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

NPD may be more accurate, but what do you prefer? Just for NA now.

Weekly tracking of 200 games + hardware, over all of North America. Fairly accurate. Tracks all software, does not ignore some sort.

Monthly tracking of 10 games + hardware, in USA. Very accurate, ignores some software.

20.000 games, daily tracking, in NA, next to no accuracy at all.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Gamer4eva said:

Has been way off in the last couple of months? I mean how could the ps3 and 360 not reach 380,000 sold during April, during GTA IV month. What do you guys think?

P.S: Yes i know before i was banned i was a major dick and said VGCHARTZ was crap etc. but i have changed now.. Good to be back.

Edit: I would also like to apoligise to Ioi for being a complete ass. Sorry

NPD is fine. You seem to pick the numbers that fall more in line with your hopes, rather than sticking with one to actually believe.

NPD is generally accepted as more accurate than VGC, however, they also perform corrections, so last months low numbers could have been making up for mistaken higher numbers earlier in the year. We have no way to know, unlike VGC, which is very open with corrections by necessity.

The NPD showing last month for the PS360 wasn't abyssmal, but it wasn't the movie "turnaround" numbers most had hoped it would be. It did mark the winner of this generation as the Wii, however, and denying that is betting on a losing horse, imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Lol no, 360 and PS3 have just been flopping a bit more than usual lately.

The April NPD results were shocking but you really have to believe it.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

yes there is a huge pro Nintendo conspiracy going on with weather balloons, swamp gas, and all the other usual suspects!

HappySqurriel said:

For over a year I have been saying that 'System Selling' games do not sell systems in the way that fanboys think that they do ... Big games like Grand Theft Auto 4 impact system sales for months in advance and by the time the game is released the ammount of hardware sold is pretty minimal in comparison to people's expectations.

Do I think NPD's numbers are 'Way Off'? Nope, I think people's expectations were way off ...

ah, but you forget the power of game bundles.  buy a ps3/x360 2 months before the game releases at regular price and buy the game at regular price 2 months down the road or just wait a while and get a bundle which is released at the same time as the game is released and get some nice savings?

though i do agree with you and tend to believe that the only boost hw sales have are the bundles. without the game bundles, hw sales would probably just get a small boost as many would have already bought a console a few months back for the game

why would NPD be off?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)