By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wal-Mart $100 Gift Card PS3 deal still effective. Includes MGS4 bundle.

Hmm, no PS2 compatibility and looking at the site the 100 dollar gift card can only be used online. Nah, If I coulda bought groceries with it, maybe I could overlook the no BC for PS2. I'll just wait.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

@vagabind

it has Wifi.....it has 95% BC

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sorry 40Gb doesn;t have BC.....but it has wifi

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The_vagabond7 said:
Hmm, no PS2 compatibility and looking at the site the 100 dollar gift card can only be used online. Nah, If I coulda bought groceries with it, maybe I could overlook the no BC for PS2. I'll just wait.

The deal is in-store too, so you can buy groceries with the card if you head over to your Wal-Mart of choice.  I just checked my local ad and it was there.  You can check online for your individual store at walmart.com.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Hmm....well I may stroll over there with my credit card and see if I get it on an impulse buy. The lack of BC really sucks hard though, I would want to play through the MGS games again before I got MGS4.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Yeah, they may or may not implement BC support for the 40 gig as early as this year, so at least the prospects aren't completely hopeless. Honestly though, I have yet to use my PS3 for a PS2 or PS1 game. I would rather wear out the laser on my PS2, plus my brother is usually playing the PS3 anyways.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I would just wait till the 80 gig is re-circulated, (which has BC)

unless of course you need to be playing MGS4 day 1, which a lot of people do.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Man, they really want Blu-Ray to take off fast don't they. I wish the players would just come down in price. They are really trying to fleece us with those things.

JaggedSac said:
Man, they really want Blu-Ray to take off fast don't they. I wish the players would just come down in price. They are really trying to fleece us with those things.

Yeah, actually because of this deal there are a few players at Wal-Mart which effectively cost about $250, and maybe even $200 if you are lucky.  I know one of the new BD 1.1 and maybe 2.0 players by I believe its Samsung MSRP's at $350, which is $250 with this deal.  They must want as big of a Blu-Ray install base by Christmas as possible.  Father's Day is generally a pretty good tie-in for this stuff too, since guys of all ages love technology.

this deal in untill june 12 ,,,on 12 80 gb comes out,,,so can some one pick up 80GB with this deal?