By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - iPhone 3g Thread.....

I was really thinking about getting it but i dont think i will anymore....

At&t plans to charge $30.00 a month for Unlimited Date and then $39.99 for voice. So we are already looking at 79.99 without any texts? with taxes its going tobe around 80-90. And i cant imagine what they will charge for texting. My guess it the whole package will be around $100 for the whole month.  

Even though i really need a new phone since i have had my v3 razor for about 3 years i am going to miss paying 40 bucks a month with unlimited texting  

What do you guys think about it?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/06/09/iphone-3g-from-atandt-unlimited-data-for-30/

iPhone 3G from AT&T: unlimited data for $30

We still don't have a clear answer from AT&T on whether messaging is included, but if not, the data pricing of $30 per month for unlimited 3G when tied to the iPhone 3G represents a $10 bump from what folks were paying for the 2.5G model. Business owners -- presumably expected to consume considerably more bits over the course of a month -- will be paying $45. Meanwhile, voice plan pricing will start from $39.95, and we're told more details will be available on exactly how it all breaks down when the device actually goes on sale.

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network

Well, it is very expensive but it does take care of your MP3 player, and that is the main consideration, do you want it is as an MP3 player

Munkeh111 said:
Well, it is very expensive but it does take care of your MP3 player, and that is the main consideration, do you want it is as an MP3 player

Well i mean i would put music on it. I have a 4gb PSP and i have all the music i would ever  want on it. So 8gb iPhone would be enough. I really like the GPS since i have no sense of direction when i am driving and all the other features are a plus. I work at a very boring place so have internet on the phone and stuff would be great but that price is eating away at my brain 

now.. I'm an IPhone owner. and here's what I say.

No camera upgrade, no instant messaging, no copy and past, no front face camera.

yes, it's cheaper, but since ATT is allowed to charge you more per month, you are end up paying more.

I love how "having a plastic back" and "finally able to use universal headphone" as features by Steve Jobs.

Worth it?? Absolutely not, Will people buy it still?? Hell yes.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@ kingofwhale, for many people, it is worth it because of the 3G and the GPS

Around the Network

What would you guys recommend for me....
I have at&t and will just buy a unlocked phone if i have to, so i can just get paying my 40 bucks for month. I would like some nice features and stuff.... i want GPS and 3g is cool

Sicilian. said:
I have at&t and will just buy a unlocked phone if i have to, so i can just get paying my 40 bucks for month. I would like some nice features and stuff.... i want GPS and 3g is cool

where will you buy that unlocked phone? All Iphone now you MUST activiate it in store (or within 30 days)).

GPS is cool and 3G is faster, but those are the features you will find ANYWAY in phone of that category. It's like saying a video game console with widescreen... well, it is cool, but EVERYBODY ELSE already has it 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Sicilian. said:

where will you buy that unlocked phone? All Iphone now you MUST activiate it in store (or within 30 days)).

GPS is cool and 3G is faster, but those are the features you will find ANYWAY in phone of that category. It's like saying a video game console with widescreen... well, it is cool, but EVERYBODY ELSE already has it

exactly so what phone would you recommend. something with Gps and 3g?

i mean i just step a whole plan with the LG Vu. It cost 39.99 for the cheapest voice plan and then 20 bucks for unlimited texting and that didn't include data fees. and it had no GPS. maybe iPhone is not such a bad deal

Currently, AT&T offers 200 texts with the iPhone plan. I guess it depends on how much you want to text but overall, the iPhone plan is costing me about $40-50 less than the equivalent BlackBerry plan I was getting from Verizon. 900 minutes, full data, and unlimited texts were costing me ~140/month from Verizon where my iPhone bill clocks in at around $90-100.

Considering how much the iPhone kicks the ass of anything offered by Verizon, I found the extra $200 for the iPhone (bought mine for $400) worth it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/