By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many would love to see 2D platforming make its return on Wii?

I think a DKC with SPM 2D/3D mechanic where you can switch would be godly.

Around the Network

I would totally LOVE it.

- I'd sell my soul for a 2D Metroid (like Super Metroid but 5 times bigger, I can't believe how fast I went through it when I purchased it on VC)
- I'd sell my mom for a 2D Castlevania (like Super Castlevania or Symphony of the Night)
- I'd buy a 2D Donkey Kong (if DK is actually in it not Baby Kong)

Signature goes here!

ChronotriggerJM said:
I actually disagree, I think the Wii is so much better supported with games that can truly utilize motion controls, something more locked into the 3d realm in my opinion, unless they wanted to support the classic controller or the gamecube controller. I actually think the 2D games would be much better on something like PSN or Xbox Live where you could do a full 1080 display with tons and tons of particle effects and such :P Not that the Wii couldn't play these games easily, I just think a traditional controller works infinitely better for side scrollers.

This is the most idiotic post I've ever had the displeasure of reading since I joined this forum.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Bored4life said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I actually disagree, I think the Wii is so much better supported with games that can truly utilize motion controls, something more locked into the 3d realm in my opinion, unless they wanted to support the classic controller or the gamecube controller. I actually think the 2D games would be much better on something like PSN or Xbox Live where you could do a full 1080 display with tons and tons of particle effects and such :P Not that the Wii couldn't play these games easily, I just think a traditional controller works infinitely better for side scrollers.

This is the most idiotic post I've ever had the displeasure of reading since I joined this forum.

Well I'm definitely glad to see you at least contributed something useful to the conversation at hand ^_^ I am allowed to have an opinion right? I love sidescrollers, I love having a widescreen HDTV, and I think they play better with a traditional controller, I don't care whether or not you agree with me :P And at least my original post had substance.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

^Chrono - I see your point, but I also think that there is some pretty cool uses with the wii remote in a 2D side scroller. The simple enemy shaking in the new Wario game and the simple rebound attack mechanic in Super Paper Mario for instance. I am not saying that the Wii should only do 2D, I just think that it is the perfect platform to revive it because the other two platforms are so much about graphics that I just do not see 2D doing that well on them. Even think about the flashlight mechanic in SPP as well. There are a ton of uses for the wiimote by itself on its side in a 2D game it would be awesome.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

2D for life

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

It is looking more and more like WiiWare will be the home for 2D platformers and puzzle-platformers in the near future. (Well, other than the DS, that is.)

We've got LostWinds and Toki Tori thus far, and Shantae, Eternity's Child, Rose Princess and LostWinds 2 announced. And there'll likely be more to follow.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

New Super Mario Brothers and the DS and PSX Castlevanias and original Rayman show that 2D Platformers still have a very valuable place and should be continued alongside the 3D games

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

how about New Super Mario Bros 2 for the Wii, and i'd love to see a Super Mario 3 remake as well

count me in that category that hated the PS1 for killing 2D gaming. I'm so looking forward to the new Wario game, and I'll be picking up Lost Winds once I finish up all the games I currently have.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)