By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii without Nintendo

i was just wondering if the wii would have been as successful if it had been created by another company.  if it had been created by sony, microsoft or even another company entering the console battleground...perhaps Apple.  Is it simply an effect unique to nintendo or would people have been attracted to it anyways.

so...do you think the wii would be doing worse, on par or better than it is, if it had been the WiiBox, WiiStation or the IWii?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

i think a bit worse cause those other companies might of never made wiisports,and ofcourse all the other big ninty games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Well, without first party games the Wii likely would have flopped hard, so yes, it probably would have failed without Nintendo.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

^well mostly on wiisports would have helped it sell but yeah it also needed the other games

i don't know, but your suggested names of WiiStation and iWii and WiiBox are too precious not to repeat

Around the Network

Well if that company had Nintendo's business strategy of disrupting the market yes, if not no.

^well do you think microsoft,sony or apple have that startegy?

brute said:
^well do you think microsoft,sony or apple have that startegy?

Apple yes, sony maybe, microsoft no.

^but apple doesnt have any software experience(im talking about games)

brute said:
^but apple doesnt have any software experience(im talking about games)
Well they do know how to target the downmarket and upstream. I.E Ipod, Iphone I'm pretty sure they will get developers to make games for them to target these the same way nintendo does.