By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Interesting video game research from Japan

Sqrl said:

Some things I found interesting:

What kinds of video games machines do you often play on? (Sample size=764, console and portable gamers, multiple answer)

Nintendo DS82.2%
Nintendo Gameboy Advance39.8%
Sony PlayStation 1, 2 or 337.4%
Nintendo Wii35.3%
Nintendo Gamecube31.4%
Nintendo Gameboy, Gameboy Micro19.8%
Nintendo 6415.2%
Nintendo Super Famicon (SNES)15.1%
Nintendo Famicon (NES)11.9%
Sony PlayStation Portable10.5%
Microsoft Xbox5.8%
Sega Saturn5.1%
Sega Dreamcast4.8%
Other16.4%

Why it's Sony PlayStation 1, 2 or 3

But not Nintendo Wii or GameCube or 64

Around the Network
halil23 said:
starcraft said:
halil23 said:
starcraft said:
Wow.
Xbox and Xbox360 really are dead in Japan.

Fixed!

By Xbox I meant the Xbox brand. If you think the PS3 is doing well in Japan your kidding yourselves.

Given that though, its incredible the Xbox 360 is getting such a superior JRPG line-up compared to the PS3.

"360 superior JRPG line-up" LMAO! now that what I call kidding yourself.

On topic : We know you're widely regard as a guy love spinning words and hoping people believe you're crap!

If you look carefully the survey shows consoles dating back to the NES days, obviously you have to be more specific when naming consoles, so what I did was fix your "MSMS" (or Played_Out awesome quote ASS MS : Anti-Sony Selective Memory Syndrome) post, and name "logical" 2 worst consoles.

And yes PS3 is doing well, just not Wii great.

Either you are being sarcastic or you a very delusional. If the PS3 RPG line up was what you claimed you wouldn't have all the PS3 owners crying about all the JRPGs being on 360. The PS3 isn't doing well its in third place and in Japan is dead. The HD console market on the whole is dead in Japan.

stclam said:
Sqrl said:

What kinds of video games machines do you often play on? (Sample size=764, console and portable gamers, multiple answer)

Nintendo DS82.2%
Nintendo Gameboy Advance39.8%
Sony PlayStation 1, 2 or 337.4%
Nintendo Wii35.3%
Nintendo Gamecube31.4%
Nintendo Gameboy, Gameboy Micro19.8%
Nintendo 6415.2%
Nintendo Super Famicon (SNES)15.1%
Nintendo Famicon (NES)11.9%
Sony PlayStation Portable10.5%
Microsoft Xbox5.8%
Sega Saturn5.1%
Sega Dreamcast4.8%
Other16.4%

I didn't do the survey, you would have to ask the people who did.

To Each Man, Responsibility
halil23 said:

On topic : We know you're widely regard as a guy love spinning words and hoping people believe you're crap!

If you look carefully the survey shows consoles dating back to the NES days, obviously you have to be more specific when naming consoles, so what I did was fix your "MSMS" (or Played_Out awesome quote ASS MS : Anti-Sony Selective Memory Syndrome) post, and name "logical" 2 worst consoles.

Er....

I have no idea what the largest of those paragraphs is saying, its just a ramble as far as I can see.

But given the premise of your argument is either that the PS3 has a great JRPG line-up and the 360 has a crap one, or that they both have a crap one, I'm not going to lend any real credence to it.

Having just enjoyed Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata, and looking down the barrel of another half dozen high-budget JRPG's over the next year, its hard to see where your coming from when I'm lending my 360 to PS3 owners that have no JRPG's to play. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
halil23 said:

You don't think the 360's library and line-up of JRPG's is superior to the PS3's?

final fantasy xiii >>>>>>> all other jrpgs, srpgs, wrpgs, srpgs, etc etc etc. combined

so yeah, with ffxiii alone, the ps3's jrpg lineup>>>>>>x360 jrpg line up.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
halil23 said:
starcraft said:
halil23 said:
starcraft said:
Wow.

Fixed!

By Xbox I meant the Xbox brand. If you think the PS3 is doing well in Japan your kidding yourselves.

Given that though, its incredible the Xbox 360 is getting such a superior JRPG line-up compared to the PS3.

Either you are being sarcastic or you a very delusional. If the PS3 RPG line up was what you claimed you wouldn't have all the PS3 owners crying about all the JRPGs being on 360. The PS3 isn't doing well its in third place and in Japan is dead. The HD console market on the whole is dead in Japan.

maybe he's like me and thinks

final fantasy xiii>>>>>>>>>all other jrpgs, wrpgs, srpgs, arpgs, etc etc etc combined

hence, ps3 rpg lineup>>>>>>>>>x360 rpg line up 

(which is exaclty what i said to starcraft) 

ils411 said:
Darc Requiem said:
halil23 said:
starcraft said:
halil23 said:
starcraft said:
Wow.

Fixed!

maybe he's like me and thinks

final fantasy xiii>>>>>>>>>all other jrpgs, wrpgs, srpgs, arpgs, etc etc etc combined

hence, ps3 rpg lineup>>>>>>>>>x360 rpg line up 

(which is exaclty what i said to starcraft) 

Um sorry, but by the way the final fantasy series is declining in quality no. There are many many many rpgs that will most likely be better than FFXIIi, and probably alot this generation.

ils411 said:

starcraft said:
halil23 said:

You don't think the 360's library and line-up of JRPG's is superior to the PS3's?

final fantasy xiii >>>>>>> all other jrpgs, srpgs, wrpgs, srpgs, etc etc etc. combined

so yeah, with ffxiii alone, the ps3's jrpg lineup>>>>>>x360 jrpg line up.

Ok, if that's your opinion, then fine. But if you're an JRPG fan, instead of Final Fantasy fan, you propably enjoy 360 more. The question was about JRPG:s, not Final Fantasies. Besides, Wii beats both by having Fire Emblem (i just did the same).
Besides, FF13 isn't out yet anyway, so you really don't have a point there.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Sqrl said:
stclam said:
Sqrl said:

I didn't do the survey, you would have to ask the people who did.

It is because SDF did the survey.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Wow, SO4 really hit a raw nerve didn't it?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.