By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii broke

I have only had my wii since last thursday.  So when I got home from work an hour ago, my wii would not turn on.  The standby light was off and the wii would not turn on.  I went to walmart and exchanged it for another.  I'm so bummed.  Can i get my stuff from my other wii onto this one like my downloads and such?

Consoles owned: 80GB PS3 w/bc, PS3 Slim 120gb
PSN: Yubitme        

Around the Network

Well your the only person bought a dead wii. BUt theres no way to transfer data from your old wii to your new wii without an SD card. Also you can only transfer game saves, not Shop channel purchesises.

NO! You shouldn't have returned it to Walmart......If you call Nintendo, they'll replace it for free (under warranty, and sometimes without warranty) AND they'll move your downloads etc...

If I can't transfer them then I'll just buy them again. Its no big deal. I had only purchased defend your castle. So no big deal.

Consoles owned: 80GB PS3 w/bc, PS3 Slim 120gb
PSN: Yubitme        

this is the first time ive heard of someones wii breaking.

Around the Network
DogWeed said:
this is the first time ive heard of someones wii breaking.

There have been a couple other tech problems. Dirty optical lenses and bad video memory, mostly. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

^^ My Wii broke months ago, it had a faulty motherboard....

LOL your wii was DOA

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

The first Wii that i have known that brokes x)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

that happened to me once, the standby light wasn't working, I tried blowing on the fans for dust particles then I waited around 2 minutes, and hooked up the ac adapter and the light came back.
anyways sorry your wii broke