By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Game Development Team

well people is there any tutorials on how to use the scrolling dev kit yh, i am having trouble with starting a background from nothing

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
dawve24 said:
So is DarkBasic Pro free and are there good tutorials available.

no it is not.

Lets stick with FREE software. The Scrolling Game Development Kit 2 seems like a good enough start-up while we learn Blender. The only thing is that I want to wait for Blender version 2.5 as they are recoding a ton of stuff.

Seems like you would be havign an easier time herding cats.

I will be downloading scrolling game dev tomorrow. I will let you all know how I get on.

Is a tower defense game possible?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Because I was thinking a Video Game style Tower Defense game.

You can have a multitude of video game weapons. The gravity gun from Half-Life, fireballs from Mario, a normal (non-bloody) hand-gun from GTA, the gravity hammer from Halo 3 and that spike sword thing, a rocket launcher from GTA, and that, what the hell is it, briefcase laptop gun thing from a game I can't remeber.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

ok ko please stop with all these complicated game ideas lol. Have you tried using this dev kit, it is really buggy, or it is like that just for me lol

dtewi said:
Because I was thinking a Video Game style Tower Defense game.

You can have a multitude of video game weapons. The gravity gun from Half-Life, fireballs from Mario, a normal (non-bloody) hand-gun from GTA, the gravity hammer from Halo 3 and that spike sword thing, a rocket launcher from GTA, and that, what the hell is it, briefcase laptop gun thing from a game I can't remeber.
 Perfect Dark.  I loved setting that gun up to take out people as they came across a corner. 

Guys this is still running, yes the released convicts I mean member can join ...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

bump, do we have a forum yet?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Dangit. I wish I didn't already have 3 side projects going on.