By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - New (Tiny) Screens

shams said:

I think I would die if NSMB II hit the Wii...

Would that be called "Newer Super Mario Bros."?

Regardless of title, versus mode on the Wii would be very cool.

Around the Network

Some new info on this one, from next.gen.biz.

For me, Wario has been redundant since last year’s mediocre Wario: Master of Disguise. I thought his days as a star of high-quality videogames might be coming to an end. There is a shining gold coin of hope in the forthcoming Wario Land Shake Wii game, however, which is due for release locally at the end of July. This is sadly nothing like the Wario Ware games – Shake doesn’t even have a multiplayer mode – but its hand-drawn 2D animation style (the work of a Tokyo-based anime studio called Production I.G, which did some stunning work on the cutscenes of Level-5’s Professor Layton games) has real charm.

Shake refers to a gameplay trick whereby shaking the Remote when Wario is near to an exclamation mark will send him into a fury, which in turn causes his immediate surrounds to crumble and reveal new paths. The Remote-shake is also put to use as Wario launches himself from cannons, flies through mid-air, and so on. He’ll also be rolling as an angry snowball at some point, and there’s a unicycle to be ridden (presumably for the appeasement of the pro-Unirally revivalist crowd). The goal of each level will be to retrieve three treasures, but the means of retrieval and progression through Wario Shake Land have me curious ahead of the game’s July 27 Japanese release.

I am shocked that there aren't more platformers on the Wii. This one looks great, and it's 2D too!

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980