By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is the XBOX 360's LAST chance to perform in Japan.

Words Of Wisdom said:

You've missed Microsoft's whole point.

Making money in this venture is obviously positive and they've been profitable in a few quarters, but most of that is taking a backseat to hurting Sony and establishing themselves in the media center environment.  Whether or not Star Ocean 4 sells a lot of consoles is gravy as it's a brutal blow to PS3 fans. 

This is true. I as a life-long fan of the PS brand...want to give up my PS3 for a 360 because of this...Honestly, I've died inside.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

@ HawkEye: It could help indeed in Others/EU. Cause people who waited with their choice cause of RPG's might be tempted. Allthough there is still FF XIII and Versus XIII offcourse.

CrazzyMan said:
Japanese CAN wait, otherwise PS3 already would be selling over 100k in Japan, since FFXIII and FFXIIIv are coming.

Final fantasy isn't that big of a deal d00d.  This isn't Dragon Quest. 

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Making money in this venture is obviously positive and they've been profitable in a few quarters, but most of that is taking a backseat to hurting Sony and establishing themselves in the media center environment. Whether or not Star Ocean 4 sells a lot of consoles is gravy as it's a brutal blow to PS3 fans.

This is true. I as a life-long fan of the PS brand...want to give up my PS3 for a 360 because of this...Honestly, I've died inside.

I died a little inside when I bought a 360, too, but I got over it, lol.  I hate MS the company, but the product, the 360, is a very entertaining platform.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

This is the beginning, not the end at all. This is their first chance, not their last chance.

Japanese developers want to grow their international portfolio, and they need the 360's userbase and MS marketing, distribution, game developers/testers.

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
CrazzyMan said:
Japanese CAN wait, otherwise PS3 already would be selling over 100k in Japan, since FFXIII and FFXIIIv are coming.

Final fantasy isn't that big of a deal d00d. This isn't Dragon Quest.

Are you serious?

@ Crazzy

Why do I imagine Homer Simpson standing in front of a Ps3 saying: let's play the waiting game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

M$ has no chance of ever doing anything in Japan. The Xbox360 is seen as a "crappy western shit". However, the goal of Microsoft is only to destroy PS3 in Japan (and it's working). Their 3rd console won't do much better in Japan than the previous Xbox have done. The market is hostile over there.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

kn said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Making money in this venture is obviously positive and they've been profitable in a few quarters, but most of that is taking a backseat to hurting Sony and establishing themselves in the media center environment. Whether or not Star Ocean 4 sells a lot of consoles is gravy as it's a brutal blow to PS3 fans.

I died a little inside when I bought a 360, too, but I got over it, lol.  I hate MS the company, but the product, the 360, is a very entertaining platform.

The PS3 is as well...I just don't like how MS throws money at developers to get games.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

i think its only infinite discovery thats 360 confirmed exclusive all the rest will come on ps3 later. so i cant understand the fuss 2day

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...