By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the support of Sqaure-Enix have major impact on the 360userbase in JP?

darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

wow.....the EU price drop was an epic failure

Except when you consider what the X360 was doing in Europe before the drop..

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

It will definitely help 360, but not that much. Japanese market is nothing like Others and NA and it will never be.

But great news for Microsoft because any good news is great for 360 in Japan.

Sorry PS3 fans - this must hurt. . . a lot.

Bitmap Frogs said:
misteromar mk4 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
misteromar mk4 said:
A weekly sales spike then back to the same old, same old for the xbox in Japan, they just dont like it and M$ should stop trying to force it on them.

Lmao! Force it on them? In what twisted world catering to an audience offering tittles they might be interested on is called "force it on them"?

The Japanese clearly dont like xbox at all, But M$ keep trying to make them like it. It just never gonna happen, they should just give up and stop flogging a dead horse.

The americans clearly don't like ps3 at all, but $ony keeps trying to make them like it. It just never gonna happen, they should just give up and stop flogging a dead horse.

See now how absurd your point is? It takes some extreme fanboyism to call "forcing" to the basic way companies fight for marketshare, offering to the public what the public wants and better than competitors. Everyone does it, because that's the way to profits. Actually, MS isn't just trying to convince that they should like the 360, they are funding the content the japanese like. But hey, maybe you should run to KZ2 threads and baw that's just sony trying to force the americans to like the ps3 because fps games are popular in the USA.

Terrible way to make it seem like his post was stupid......cause if I recall, the PS3 and 360 are going toe-to-toe in America, while in Japan, the proverbial floor is being mopped with the 360

You know what the whole issue here is. MS hasn't got a big title this week, but Sony has (Metal Gear Solid 4) and to give possible Sony PS3 adapters some doubts they organized this event this week. So, I gotta admit, great marketing tactics by Microsoft. :o

BMaker11 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
misteromar mk4 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
misteromar mk4 said:
A weekly sales spike then back to the same old, same old for the xbox in Japan, they just dont like it and M$ should stop trying to force it on them.

Lmao! Force it on them? In what twisted world catering to an audience offering tittles they might be interested on is called "force it on them"?

The Japanese clearly dont like xbox at all, But M$ keep trying to make them like it. It just never gonna happen, they should just give up and stop flogging a dead horse.

The americans clearly don't like ps3 at all, but $ony keeps trying to make them like it. It just never gonna happen, they should just give up and stop flogging a dead horse.

See now how absurd your point is? It takes some extreme fanboyism to call "forcing" to the basic way companies fight for marketshare, offering to the public what the public wants and better than competitors. Everyone does it, because that's the way to profits. Actually, MS isn't just trying to convince that they should like the 360, they are funding the content the japanese like. But hey, maybe you should run to KZ2 threads and baw that's just sony trying to force the americans to like the ps3 because fps games are popular in the USA.

Terrible way to make it seem like his post was stupid......cause if I recall, the PS3 and 360 are going toe-to-toe in America, while in Japan, the proverbial floor is being mopped with the 360

Yeh, his post is just stupid, although using the word "forcing" it on them is not quite fair

Around the Network
Dno said:
@ Legend
not one of those games will sell more then 200k lifetime in japan. each can sell almost a mil n ps3.

After this run fails there will be no more JRPGS to fund lol.

Be assured that there will.

As already mentioned by another poster, buying all these (timed) exclusives is supposed to prevent Sony from getting their ass against the wall in Japan. Even though it might not help the 360 in Japan, what it certainly does is prevent the PS3 from gaining momentum. Imagine what would happen if these games were PS3 exclusives instead of 360 exclusives (it would help the PS3 --> MS doesn't want this, so they're keeping those titles away from the PS3).

Also, do not underestimate the interest of western gamers in Japanese RPGs. Lost Odyssey for example might very well sell 1 million during its lifetime. If 1 million games are sold world-wide I wouldn't consider this a flop.

bah the only thing Microsoft is doing is pulling Sony down with them in Japan. The 360 is dead in Japan. If all of the 360s JRPGs would come to the Ps3 it would have a chance of putting up some competition against the Wii. I really do not know why Japanese(targeted) developers develop for the 360 anymore. Masochism or really fat checks from MS I suspect.

i only expect a relatively minor increase.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

BMaker11 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
misteromar mk4 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
misteromar mk4 said:

The only floor mopping being done in Japan and the americas is by the Wii and both the ps3 and the 360 are being mopped. If the 360 is forcing the japanese to like it, so is the ps3 (and the 360) in the americas. Heck, at sub-10k per week I'm not so sure there's room to state that the japanese like the ps3... so maybe sony is also forcing the japanese to like the ps3! 

edit@kyros: Tri-ace (the guys behind star-ocean) already have tools and code for the 360 because of IU. There's quite an argument for a dev house to use already-built tools instead of building a new engine for the ps3 from scratch. Namco, on the other hand...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Kyros said:
bah the only thing Microsoft is doing is pulling Sony down with them in Japan. The 360 is dead in Japan. If all of the 360s JRPGs would come to the Ps3 it would have a chance of putting up some competition against the Wii. I really do not know why Japanese(targeted) developers develop for the 360 anymore. Masochism or really fat checks from MS I suspect.

Yes it's true and even worst, I think that Japanese developers are starting to alienate their consumers by whoring out to the western corporation.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...