By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the support of Sqaure-Enix have major impact on the 360userbase in JP?

@rocketpig

yeah but ruling wii out right now is stupid

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

i wish MSFT would throw some money into some R&D to fix the noise and 3 rings on their console instead of trying this. I really think the 360 could be great, but it just baffles my mind MSFT keeps going in this direction, the elite, GTA DLC with their money....fix the damn console and promote the amazing games they have....stop throwing good money at bad....this pisses me off as a gamer because i refuse to accept the shitty hardware, and now i wont get to play these games unless i rebuy a broken console that i have to ship to Texas twice a year and wear earplugs when i play in a chilled out quiet room. ugh.

darthdevidem01 said:
@rocketpig

yeah but ruling wii out right now is stupid

That's why I said "until at least 2010". There's no way the Wii will get 8-10 JRPGs in the next 18 months and surpass the 360 (which will have BD, LO, LR, IU, ToV, ES, SO4, and possibly Cry On).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

steverhcp02 said:
i wish MSFT would throw some money into some R&D to fix the noise and 3 rings on their console instead of trying this. I really think the 360 could be great, but it just baffles my mind MSFT keeps going in this direction, the elite, GTA DLC with their money....fix the damn console and promote the amazing games they have....stop throwing good money at bad....this pisses me off as a gamer because i refuse to accept the shitty hardware, and now i wont get to play these games unless i rebuy a broken console that i have to ship to Texas twice a year and wear earplugs when i play in a chilled out quiet room. ugh.

They have fixed those issues. All refurbs are getting a new mobo that supposedly cures the RRoD, the RRoD hasn't been a huge problem with the Falcon chipset (sold since Aug 07), and the new BenQ drives are considerably more quiet than the old wind tunnel drives.

rocketpig said:
steverhcp02 said:

They have fixed those issues. All refurbs are getting a new mobo that supposedly cures the RRoD, the RRoD hasn't been a huge problem with the Falcon chipset (sold since Aug 07), and the new BenQ drives are considerably more quiet than the old wind tunnel drives.

i suppose i cant atest to recent RRoD since i lost my everyday contact with the 360 last march after the second time it broke...but i was just at my friends house playing rockband and they JUST bought the 360 and i could hear it behind the music unless wew turned it up insanely loud......

So are the elites in considerably better shape than my previous experience? because my friends was just a premium.

Sorry to go semi-OT. 

Around the Network
misteromar mk4 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
misteromar mk4 said:
A weekly sales spike then back to the same old, same old for the xbox in Japan, they just dont like it and M$ should stop trying to force it on them.

Lmao! Force it on them? In what twisted world catering to an audience offering tittles they might be interested on is called "force it on them"?

The Japanese clearly dont like xbox at all, But M$ keep trying to make them like it. It just never gonna happen, they should just give up and stop flogging a dead horse.

The americans clearly don't like ps3 at all, but $ony keeps trying to make them like it. It just never gonna happen, they should just give up and stop flogging a dead horse.

See now how absurd your point is? It takes some extreme fanboyism to call "forcing" to the basic way companies fight for marketshare, offering to the public what the public wants and better than competitors. Everyone does it, because that's the way to profits. Actually, MS isn't just trying to convince that they should like the 360, they are funding the content the japanese like. But hey, maybe you should run to KZ2 threads and baw that's just sony trying to force the americans to like the ps3 because fps games are popular in the USA.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

steverhcp02 said:
rocketpig said:
steverhcp02 said:

i suppose i cant atest to recent RRoD since i lost my everyday contact with the 360 last march after the second time it broke...but i was just at my friends house playing rockband and they JUST bought the 360 and i could hear it behind the music unless wew turned it up insanely loud......

So are the elites in considerably better shape than my previous experience? because my friends was just a premium.

Sorry to go semi-OT.

The newer 360s I have heard are quieter. My friend just bought an Elite so I'll take a look at it this weekend. I know it's definitely quieter than that Goddamned turbojet I have in my unit. 

Only if it is FF or DQ

"Like you know"

@rudyrsr8

n thats never gonna happen.....lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Short answer - NO.
Japanese CAN wait, otherwise PS3 already would be selling over 100k in Japan, since FFXIII and FFXIIIv are coming.

More over, SO4 will be release somewhere in 2009, maybe even in autumn. That a lot of time for a DEAD console.

Tales ov Vesperia, just Like Eternal Sonata, will come to PS3, and Japanese know that. They are ABLE to wait. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far