By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the support of Sqaure-Enix have major impact on the 360userbase in JP?

selnor said:
Munkeh111 said:
selnor said:
I believe to a certian extent VGC numbers are off with others. As UK TV Sky gaming channel Pulse stated last week in the news that 360 from January to Beginning of June had sold 18% more than PS3 in the UK. And VGC numbers differ from that.

OT: Considering both PS3 and 360 are non existant in Japan, I think any Japanese HD type games will be welcome by them. Regardless of it being on 360 or PS3, so yes it will help close the gap on Sony in Japan for MS.

I thought Chart track said differently, with the PS3 above the 360 for this year

I think Others is so a wash with numbers. Pulse seemed pretty adamant and it is by far the best game channel Ive seen. It's like a proper 30 minute news bulletin for UK gamers. Being in the UK as well, Me and my friends all own a PS2 and was our major format last gen. Out of 13 of us only 2 own PS3's and all own 360's with 6 owning Wii's. So I'm inclined to believe Pulse. They use Chart Track if I'm not mistaken. Definately for their weekly games charts. 

I think I know as many people who PS3 as 360, so obviously the situation is different in different places. Anyway, I do beleive ioi's numbers because figurse that I saw

Around the Network

@selnor

obviously they don't use charttrack as their statements are conflicting..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow, this locks up the 360 as the JRPG console until at least 2010... Even FFXIII won't be enough to offset the plethora of 360 RPGs.

I never thought I would see the Star Ocean franchise on Xbox. 2009 should be a good year with SO4, Last Remnant, and hopefully the next Mistwalker game (Cry On, perhaps?).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

wow.....the EU price drop was an epic failure

erm no it wasn't.

OT: well the games are coming so i can't see why not it will help the 360 in Japan. It won't turn the sales chart upside down or anything but i find it hard to believe that with this many rpgs hitting Japan on the 360 that it will have no effect.

It's interesting because even Shane Kim at Microsoft has said that Japan will never be a haven for the 360 but with these kind of announcements I'm starting to believe that Microsoft is really trying to break into the Japanese market. 

Moves like the Tales of Versperia bundle will do well i hope, the 360 doesn't deserve to be doing so badly in Japan so i'm hoping the 360 will finally be able to shift more that 2k consoles per week over there.

@rocketpig

no wii still needs to show its true colours imo.

besides FF13 will outsell all of these in 1 week.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Nah, not really.

A week of good sales, then return to norm, the same thing that happened with LO and BD.

Also don't forget that Mistwalker is also developing Cry On and Blue Dragon sequel.

@ rocketpig, I think you are right on that. Even if KH 3 does come to PS3 exclusively, 360 has won the jRPG battle. Some people say that XIII will change the flow of jRPGs but even if it does, it would be too late

darthdevidem01 said:
@rocketpig

I wasn't talking about sales. I was talking about actually playing the games. MS has done a wonderful job of getting JRPGs on the system.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@rocketpig

I wasn't talking about sales. I was talking about actually playing the games. MS has done a wonderful job of getting JRPGs on the system.

True that that 360 has so many good RPGS

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)