By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the support of Sqaure-Enix have major impact on the 360userbase in JP?

Square enix will be releasing 2 major RPG's for the 360 between now and six months.
Namco Bandai will release Tales of Vesperia in August.
Star Ocean is comming to the 360.
More Western-Rpgs heading to Japan.

What impact do you think that these facts will have on the 360 userbase ?

[

Around the Network

Not much impact.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well based on previous sales from Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata, I would say, that it will have an effect, but not a major impact. I tend to believe that the Japanse will keep mostly turning down the American console.

In other territories it could have more effect tbh, like in Others, allthough PS3 still wins from 360 atm. Overall offcourse the Wii will have the victory.

And, if the sales don't go well on these RPG's, I'm thinking that we might not even see these RPG's on PS3 at all...

i dont think it will have much of an impact, not in japan.
to be honest with everyone i dont think it will have an impact in na and eu either.

bludragon and lost oddysee up to now have not sold that much even though they were heavily advertised, and eternal sonata was a joke in sales worldwide for an exclusive game.

but at least a small userbase of xbox jrpg fans have some jrpg`s to play, i might get the exclusive jrpg from square when it comes on 360 though.

but all in all, many great games are coming out this year for ps360

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I think even if it can go to a stable 10k-15k every week for the last quarter of 2008, it will relatively be counted as a good win for the 360.

Although still very unlikely, your prediction of 1m before the end of 2008 is looking less and less far-fetched. :)

Around the Network

It will certainly help. But it's not going to allow the 360 to somehow become majorly competitive in Japan.

However, it makes me a very happy gamer, as I'm getting even more RPGs for my 360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It will have a minimal effect. Games like blue dragon, ace combat or lost odyssey caused hardware bumps. Of course, on a console that sells 2k per week average, 10k is a bump...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

A weekly sales spike then back to the same old, same old for the xbox in Japan, they just dont like it and M$ should stop trying to force it on them.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
A weekly sales spike then back to the same old, same old for the xbox in Japan, they just dont like it and M$ should stop trying to force it on them.

Lmao! Force it on them? In what twisted world catering to an audience offering tittles they might be interested on is called "force it on them"?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

EaglesEye379 said:
I think even if it can go to a stable 10k-15k every week for the last quarter of 2008, it will relatively be counted as a good win for the 360.

Although still very unlikely, your prediction of 1m before the end of 2008 is looking less and less far-fetched. :)

This will not happen, although I hope it will, I just not seeing it selling over 10k more than maybe 3 weeks this year.