By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - S-E Producer: Star Ocean 4 on PS3 still undecided

memory2zack said:

jRPGs sales in the U.S. are nearly as high as japanese ones and sometimes surpass them. The 360 has a higher userbase than the ps3, japanese companies start caring more about the worldwide market than the japanese one. M$ is trying whereas $ony is not. It´s pretty clear why most HD jRPGs end up to the x360 instead of ps3.

The best thing would be that all HD jRPGs go multiplatform. I think SE will do this, I would assume they are having technical difficulties into bringing their games on the PS3. Namco Bandai should also be doing this. They will definitely be winning by going multiplatform.

Why are Americans being stereotyped to hate JRPGs when it has been proven multiples times that it is not necessarily true?  A JRPG selling well has nothing to do with being an established franchise.  It has to due to good marketing and good buzz.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Sony should rethink their strategy of not giving out money for exclusives.Ms is throwing truckloads of money to japanese developers.And ,while it doest mean anything for them as they still sell very few consoles ,its slowing down the PS3 to an extent we cannot fully understand.....

THis is crap ,this is the kind of thing that makes me not want a 360 at all.I dont want MS to buy the industry like this.

It's sabotaging the opponent. Never seen such a tactic in all consolewars tbh. But what if bth parties don't gain because of that. Than Nintendo is the laughing third to run off with KH III.

Btw, like I said in another topic. This whole idea of arranging (timed) exclusives and than presenting the results in the week that MGS 4 releases can't hardly be coincedence (spelled correctly?). It can give people doubts to buy a PS3, even though there are stillPS3 RPG's coming...

memory2zack said:

jRPGs sales in the U.S. are nearly as high as japanese ones and sometimes surpass them. The 360 has a higher userbase than the ps3, japanese companies start caring more about the worldwide market than the japanese one. M$ is trying whereas $ony is not. It´s pretty clear why most HD jRPGs end up to the x360 instead of ps3.

The best thing would be that all HD jRPGs go multiplatform. I think SE will do this, I would assume they are having technical difficulties into bringing their games on the PS3. Namco Bandai should also be doing this. They will definitely be winning by going multiplatform. 

Namco Bandai do Tekken right? imagine trying to do EWGF on a 360 d-pad xD, ah no thanks i'll stick to PS3 d-pad its far more responsive and reliabe

Soriku said:
There's no way SE would allow one of their "main" franchises to go 360 as an exclusive. I bet SO4 saw some SE moneyhatting.

I'm fairly sure SO4 will be on the PS3 still. Multiplatform, maybe, but It'll be on the PS3...

You say that now, but everything that has happened this gen has gone completely against logic.  360 getting all the JRPGs?  The ps3 going heavy on the shooters?  Nintendo dominating everything so damn heavily?  This gen is insane.  Most of the early adopters that made decisions based on logical assumptions (like people picking up a ps3 for JRPGs) have been screwed, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if SO4 did stay 360-exclusive just because it's the least logical thing to happen.

Luckily I have not been screwed in any way, because I bought my consoles based on 1st party developer support (Nintendo, Naughty Dog, and Team ICO ftw).  :P

@makingmusic

Kojima stayed loyal throughout

SNAKE FTW!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Microsoft is making his moves and playing his cards,the main problem is Sony of Japan,almost paralyse,come on,everyone knows that Siren is a good game but where are the RPGS?Even with Team ICO at rescue the PS3 needs critical movements right now,I'll insist what the hell happens at Sony's Heads?

They need to do something right now,not only for their business also for the consumers that give them all their support and patience.

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

its not an SE franchise

its Tri-Ace....

SO was originally an Enix franchise. Enix owned the IP itself but tri-Ace just produced it. Square and Enix marged and BAM! It's a SE franchise.

Also, have you played a SO before Darth? SO2 (on the PS1) is a GREAT game ^^

WRONG!

It was tri-Ace's property, Enix just published it. I think Enix swooped in and grabbed the property after the selling power of SO2, though.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

its not an SE franchise

its Tri-Ace....

SO was originally an Enix franchise. Enix owned the IP itself but tri-Ace just produced it. Square and Enix marged and BAM! It's a SE franchise.

Also, have you played a SO before Darth? SO2 (on the PS1) is a GREAT game ^^

WRONG!

It was tri-Ace's property, Enix just published it. I think Enix swooped in and grabbed the property after the selling power of SO2, though.

I am suprised there may or may not be a PS3 port of SO:TLH.  The series does pretty well in America but it also sells well in Japan.  I feel that they are reducing the market potential of the game if they don't release a PS3 port evetually.

Well, whatever. I'll just be happy when it comes out, system be damned.

I would have preferred that tri-Ace stay loyal to Playstation, but it's fine, I'll go whever tri-Ace decides to go.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Maybe Sony tried to buy this and was overweighted by M$ .....

This royally sucks.

There could be other possibility.Final Fantasy XIII finally coming out this december or early 2009 and SE delaying Last Remnant and SO4 on the PS3 to avoid those competing between them....while at the time getting some money from MS.