By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - S-E Producer: Star Ocean 4 on PS3 still undecided

Pristine20 said:
rocketpig said:
Shameless said:
Solution: Sell your Playstations and buy a console with something you like.

Hate to state the obvious, but he's right.

Why are so many of you loyal to a company that keeps shitting on you? If you don't like what Sony is doing, sell your bloody console and buy something else or don't purchase a PS3 in the first place. That's how you punish a company for not living up to your standards.

Its not that easy. I have a back catalogue of PSone games that I still play. Parasite Eve 2 is my fav game of all time. Switching sides is going to render my collection useless so I can only hope that Sony succeeds and stick withthem just like Nintendo fanboys stuck with them during the tough times.

If S-E was to ever remake an old franchise for the 360, it should be Parasite Eve.  It can be made a bit more action based that might sell well.

I give this thread a 9.9.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
obieslut said:
it does make yo uwonder what SCEJ are doing though en it. i hope they have ben working on a game(s) that nobaody really knoews about and they are going to wow us with it at E3.

Well, tbh, I would hope for it. Considering the games they announced in London there were expected releases, so you might seriously wonder if that was it.

Maybe they'll try to get Resident Evil 5 timed exclusive.

This is wrong because everyone knows that after a "timed release" happens,the hype dies for the other platform release (in this chase for the PS3) affecting the sales and the image of the brand,and everyone can say:

"It was a wise decision to make that game multi,because of the sales"

And it's good because many more people can enjoy the game but this damages the other console people seeing like a fools how others ones play a game that they feel secure at first place,with only the wait for answer.

Quite sad for the PS3 owners (include myself) ;_;

Maybe SCEJ did try....but MSFT just overpaid for this just like they grossly overpaid for GTA exclusive content. Again, im not too upset as a gamer because no one is stopping me from getting a 360 to play these games.....exclusives arent bad....but my main problem is MSFT has ignored the quality of their hardware which makes me upset and not willing to rebuy one for these games....which sucks. So as a gamer i feel a bit jaded that MSFT is ignoring our pleas to fix their hardware and dishing out oodles of money for GTA DLC and this only to piss Sony off when it really doesnt matter to us as gamers, imo....to clarify, instead of throwing money to make great or better products MSFT is ignoring real issues and throwing money to be a thorn in Sony's side....and we as gamers dont benefit if improvements arent actually made. sucks.

Games from SQUARE:

2009 January 31st - FFXIII on PS3.
2009 Summer - FFXIIIv on PS3.
2009 Autumn - KH3 on PS3.

4 JRPGs from SQUARE in ONE year, isn`t that too much??? Then when to release SO4 on PS3? Right.
2010 January - SO4 on PS3.

Not to mention, that MMORPG based on FFXIII must be released during 2009-2010 also on PS3.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

I don understand why they would do that since 360 sucks in japan they really need to brigde the cultural divide first and then get the games. But if SE wants a profit they have to make it multi unless M$ is using its capital for the games development

"Like you know"

they put 2 ff games at ps3. i am a FF maniac so i hav no complaints at all

WHAT?! I just died inside...my favorite RPG...I didn't buy my PS3 for Star Ocean...I bought it for other games, but I was expecting it to go to the PS3....my favorite RPG too...now I have to save up for a 360...luckily I'm turning 16 this year I guess...

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

steverhcp02 said:
Maybe SCEJ did try....but MSFT just overpaid for this just like they grossly overpaid for GTA exclusive content. Again, im not too upset as a gamer because no one is stopping me from getting a 360 to play these games.....exclusives arent bad....but my main problem is MSFT has ignored the quality of their hardware which makes me upset and not willing to rebuy one for these games....which sucks. So as a gamer i feel a bit jaded that MSFT is ignoring our pleas to fix their hardware and dishing out oodles of money for GTA DLC and this only to piss Sony off when it really doesnt matter to us as gamers, imo....to clarify, instead of throwing money to make great or better products MSFT is ignoring real issues and throwing money to be a thorn in Sony's side....and we as gamers dont benefit if improvements arent actually made. sucks.

Ya they have it's called the Falcon and next the Jasper. Plus they still have the three year warranty.  If you want the games just get a 360.

So, lemme get this straight.

SO4 is a times exclusive even though it hasn't been officially announced for PS3?

tri-Ace has always had a policy of one game, one system, period, so, a multi-plat to me seems unlikely.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce