By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ScrewAttack - Top 10 FPS Games Ever

shio said:
why the fuck is Halo, Goldeneye and COD4 in the top 10?! And in the top spots?! PC shooters simply crush those 3.

No Deus Ex, No System Shock, No Half-Life 2, No Quake Wars, No Unreal Tournament, No Quake 3: Arena

Well, you convinced me until you got to Quake Wars, UT, and Quake 3. I think CoD4, Goldeneye, and Halo are better than all three of those games. In fact, I would probably put CoD4 as number one. The single player in that game, though short, is the best I've played.

Halo 1 has a great single player campaign, as well. I think Deus Ex and System Shock might be classified as something other than FPS.

Bioshock would also be a candidate for number 1 here, if I made the list and classified FPSRPG's. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

It's like they said "As long as we put GoldenEye in 1st place and Halo in 2nd, we can do whatever the fuck we want with the last 9 slots and nobody will care."

The Ghost of RubangB said:
It's like they said "As long as we put GoldenEye in 1st place and Halo in 2nd, we can do whatever the fuck we want with the last 9 slots and nobody will care."

Except for those of us who played FPS on PC over the years and are smart enough to realize that no console shooter should sniff the top 3 in any All Time FPS list.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

seems fair.

Metroid Prime shouldn't be on anybodies list since it isn't a fps. It's an adventure game.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Ha, now that I think of it seems like they did

Sigh... FPS used to be so much better 10 years ago :( It was just your PC and the game you play.

Now, theres just flamewars everywhere. PS3 vs 360 vs PC vs Exclusive Games with everyone of all ages arguing against each other in forums about everything.

My list:

1. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
2. Jedi Knight
3. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
4. Heretic II
5. Dark Forces
6. Bioshock
7. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
8. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
9. Max Payne
10. Unreal

ZenfoldorVGI said:
shio said:
why the fuck is Halo, Goldeneye and COD4 in the top 10?! And in the top spots?! PC shooters simply crush those 3.

No Deus Ex, No System Shock, No Half-Life 2, No Quake Wars, No Unreal Tournament, No Quake 3: Arena

Well, you convinced me until you got to Quake Wars, UT, and Quake 3. I think CoD4, Goldeneye, and Halo are better than all three of those games. In fact, I would probably put CoD4 as number one. The single player in that game, though short, is the best I've played.

Halo 1 has a great single player campaign, as well. I think Deus Ex and System Shock might be classified as something other than FPS.

Bioshock would also be a candidate for number 1 here, if I made the list and classified FPSRPG's.

Quake Wars has the best team-based multiplayer, no other FPS can compete against it. COD4 is just COD2 with a different coating + the XP.

Goldeneye and Halo were innovative for the consoles, but by the time they were released there were already better FPS games on PC. It is a fact that console shooters do not hold up against the PC counterparts.

As for the System Shock and Bioshock: System Shock 2 was more impressive in it's release than Bioshock, and Bioshock feels more like a dumbed down experience from SS2. However, because technology advances, it would be pointless to play SS2 now since Bioshock is taking advantage of the tech, giving a better experience when it comes to atmosphere and visuals.

Deus Ex is still better than either SS2 or Bioshock overall. The story, writing, level design and experience holds up very well against more modern games.

shio said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
shio said:

Quake Wars has the best team-based multiplayer, no other FPS can compete against it. COD4 is just COD2 with a different coating + the XP.

Goldeneye and Halo were innovative for the consoles, but by the time they were released there were already better FPS games on PC. It is a fact that console shooters do not hold up against the PC counterparts.

As for the System Shock and Bioshock: System Shock 2 was more impressive in it's release than Bioshock, and Bioshock feels more like a dumbed down experience from SS2. However, because technology advances, it would be pointless to play SS2 now since Bioshock is taking advantage of the tech, giving a better experience when it comes to atmosphere and visuals.

Deus Ex is still better than either SS2 or Bioshock overall. The story, writing, level design and experience holds up very well against more modern games.

lol trust me I was arguing for the other PC games not there too. UT not being there is a joke.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

In this thread: People confuse 'best' with 'most influential'.