By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ScrewAttack - Top 10 FPS Games Ever

Interesting list. Wasn't expecting them to stick Goldeneye at the top. They should have done the 'Most Influential FPSes of All Time'. Goldeneye certainly deserves that nod. Not only did Rare bring multiplayer to masses (no Internet required!), but they introduced intelligent objectives to the genre and the games was the best controlling FPS on a console up to that point. Good times!

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network
Ssyn said:
rocketpig said:
WTF? Doom 3 makes the list, Half-Life and Doom 2 don't, and GoldenEye gets number one?

I often wonder what those Screw Attack boys are smoking when they compile these lists.

Well, they are called "Screw Attack"... speaks for itself.

Halo should not be on the list... "Bioshock had no multiplayer"... Well neither did Halo 1. GoldenEye = #1? This list is a failure in all aspects.

Thanks for proving that you've never played it.  Halo 1 had 2-player split-screen coop, 4-player splitscreen MP, and up to 16-player MP over a network.  Multiplayer!=Online multiplayer. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

My top ten:
1- Quake
2- Half life
3- Doom
4- Heretic
5- Unreal tournament
6- Wolfenstein
7- Doom 2
8- Duke nukem 3d
9- Hexen
10- Delta Force 1

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

That list is seriously a joke. The only FPSs I personally think deserve to be on there are those developed for the PC and that are actually good games such as the original Doom and Quake and Half-Life and CounterStrike. This list reminds me of a list some new comer to the FPS genre would make whos only played them on consoles.

PC Gamer