By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starwars characters on Soul Calibur IV boxart

MontanaHatchet said:
Munkeh111 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
MaximusOptimus said:
Maybe only i Jap boxart. They usually get diff boxart. No Wii version? Or is it not coming to Wii??

There are a couple reasons. It's just a third party trend.

It's only the Japanese box art, but I think it's good to advertise such...appealing characters. The Star Wars series has a habit of making quite a bit of money, and is popular in many countries. Even if you hate the new characters, you have to admit that having Yoda or Darth Vader on the cover will attract quite a few more buyers.

Is Star Wars that popular in Japan?

I'm pretty sure Star Wars is popular in Japan. To what extent I don't know.

Maximus: To be honest, the difference in power between the platforms alienates a lot of developers. Not only that, but the Wiimote, well...let's be honest, it sucks for fighting games. See Soul Calibur: Legends if you want an idea of what it's like. A lot of games this generation are PS360 only, but we only focus on them because they're from large developers and they're more hyped.

I think it could be really easy to do SC4 on Wii with the Wiimote. I think that Lucas Art may prevent them from releasing the game on the Wii not to compete with their own dual mode with The Force Unleashed.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Munkeh111 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
MaximusOptimus said:
Maybe only i Jap boxart. They usually get diff boxart. No Wii version? Or is it not coming to Wii??

It's only the Japanese box art, but I think it's good to advertise such...appealing characters. The Star Wars series has a habit of making quite a bit of money, and is popular in many countries. Even if you hate the new characters, you have to admit that having Yoda or Darth Vader on the cover will attract quite a few more buyers.

Maximus: To be honest, the difference in power between the platforms alienates a lot of developers. Not only that, but the Wiimote, well...let's be honest, it sucks for fighting games. See Soul Calibur: Legends if you want an idea of what it's like. A lot of games this generation are PS360 only, but we only focus on them because they're from large developers and they're more hyped.

I disagree, on the wii we could have at least soul calibur 3 graphics (which let's be honest, are great and on sd don't need much improvement), heck, they could even reuse the engine of the gamecube's version

about the wiimote sucking for fighting games: of course it does: fighting game? make a gamecube or classical mandatory, most people have one,  and others would be willing to buy one for a good fighting game. It's not that because a game is on wii that jerking your controller should be mandatory..

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Qly said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Munkeh111 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
MaximusOptimus said:

I disagree, on the wii we could have at least soul calibur 3 graphics (which let's be honest, are great and on sd don't need much improvement), heck, they could even reuse the engine of the gamecube's version

about the wiimote sucking for fighting games: of course it does: fighting game? make a gamecube or classical mandatory, most people have one,  and others would be willing to buy one for a good fighting game. It's not that because a game is on wii that jerking your controller should be mandatory..

I did that with SSBB.  Didn't even touch the Wiimote.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

SCII: Link was on the GameCube cover, Spawn was on the Xbox cover, and Heihachi was on the PS2 cover. That is all.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

this is how big it is in japan, actually it really doesn't show how big it is, it's still fun though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7X9MQi7uOU

(I thought there was also a version with carmelldansing) I will find it!!!

Around the Network

found it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0dIpYw75jA