By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ok, I'm back - big stories over the last two weeks?

Found out where I got the numbers from

This bundle, avaliable in 3 colours, with a DS3 and SIXAXIS, according to this will be avaliable in quantities between 80-100k, however, he don't have any figures on how well they are selling

I would image those will be sold out not too far in the future, so I would expect a 150k boost from MGS in Japan overall

Around the Network
shams said:
So was there much of a woohah about The Getaway cancellation, or Eight Days? Seemed REALLY significant to me.

PS - Afrika seems pretty sweet (although the terrain itself is a little bland), wish it was hitting the Wii.

Those would have been great games, but they have been out of the public's eye for quite a while. The Getaway was a much bigger series, but I was far more excited about Eight Days. A loss either way. And as for Afrika, the Wii can't get everything.

Munkeh111 said:
What I have found so far is that the gunmetal grey one has sold out in Japan, according to the PS blog, but I haven't found any numbers yet

I'm always cautious when it comes to new colours, in limited edition quantities. Every console has "collector" fans, that will virtually buy anything new when it hits. The quantity would have to be over 10,000 to be significant IMO.

Still, if it makes the numbers look good - its a good thing. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Munkeh111 said:

This bundle, avaliable in 3 colours, with a DS3 and SIXAXIS, according to this will be avaliable in quantities between 80-100k, however, he don't have any figures on how well they are selling

I would image those will be sold out not too far in the future, so I would expect a 150k boost from MGS in Japan overall

Heh, nice :) Get rid of unsold, now obsolete hardware (Sixaxis) and use them to boost sales. Cute.

That bundles makes sense - its a pure PS3 + MGS4 bundle. Helps anyone who wants the game, but hasn't yet got a PS3 - to take the plunge. 

@LordoftheNight:

Ok, that makes a little more sense - sort of provoked, from someone who "might" have been a Ubisoft employee.

I think I saw a vid of that Dogs game, and its no where as bad as you all make out. Its obvious not going for the "realistic" look, and is just a quick, casual cash-in - but if that is the market, then so be it.

Ubi spent heaps on Red Steel 1 - which had excellent gfx, but crappy controls/gameplay. I would have prefered less gfx, more frame rate and better controls.

The Wii (and other consoles) are just "warming up". I'm sure over the coming years, we'll see some pretty awesome Ubisoft games on the Wii (crosses fingers!). 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Diomedes voiced the concern that the PS3 might be undertracked in some countries.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

RolStoppable said:
The Netherlands won 3-0 versus Italy. Great game, good times.

You will be living on that for the rest of the tournament won´t you?

;)

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

RolStoppable said:
The Netherlands won 3-0 versus Italy. Great game, good times.

Oh no not this again.  I had just managed to get this out of my head and then you go and remind me.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

shams said:
Munkeh111 said:

Heh, nice :) Get rid of unsold, now obsolete hardware (Sixaxis) and use them to boost sales. Cute.

That bundles makes sense - its a pure PS3 + MGS4 bundle. Helps anyone who wants the game, but hasn't yet got a PS3 - to take the plunge. 

@LordoftheNight:

Ok, that makes a little more sense - sort of provoked, from someone who "might" have been a Ubisoft employee.

I think I saw a vid of that Dogs game, and its no where as bad as you all make out. Its obvious not going for the "realistic" look, and is just a quick, casual cash-in - but if that is the market, then so be it.

The thing is it looks as though cash-ins will be the only thing ubisoft is making for the Wii, save for RRR3. It's not the freaking Dogz game; it's that there is apparently nothing else.

Ubi spent heaps on Red Steel 1 - which had excellent gfx, but crappy controls/gameplay. I would have prefered less gfx, more frame rate and better controls.

But they haven't announce Red Steel 2 to take advantage of that. I can't believe you're actually justifying such sloppy work.

Nintendo doesn't make cash-ins, and a lot of us are offended that ubisoft is actually giving the Wii almost nothing but those, after all those comments about following in Nintendo's footsteps.

The Wii (and other consoles) are just "warming up". I'm sure over the coming years, we'll see some pretty awesome Ubisoft games on the Wii (crosses fingers!). 

BTW, the reason for the boycott was to make sure that happened. And in case you are wondering (because some kept twisting it that way), the boycott, which may or may not happen, would be all ubisoft games, not just on the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs