By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like SO4 coming to 360 (almost confirmed)

Munkeh111 said:
shams said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ shams, we care because Sony needs to increase the install base in Japan, because rumours are that SE is not rushing XIII because it needs to PS3 to have a larger install base to make sure that it gets a decent return. My main problem is that Sony have all these studios, but many are taking forever to make any games. Only ND and Insomniac seem capable of regularily releasing games, and Insomniac will be onto their third before many studios make their first
But why do you care? To ensure you get more games on your PS3? Maybe you bought the wrong console, or should consider getting a 360 as well - then it just doesn't matter?

I don't know about you, but I'm in a position where I have too many games - and I have to turn a lot of new ones down at the moment. And that with just one console. Main reason I'm finding it so hard to shell out for a 360 (or PS3).

I am getting a 360 for these games, but I just want Sony to get these games on PS3. I prefer the PS3, so I would prefer to get them on the PS3. I would prefer only one console, but a complete lack of jRPGs on PS3 is really preventing me. I do have to many games, but too many are the same, too many FPSs, and I really want jRPGs, but I want many of he console offerings from sony, but I would prefer I could have all the types of games that I want on the same console

Ok, fair enough - counter question for you then:

- would you be happy if "Sony gave up", and *every* PS3/360 title was available on the 360? (and the PS3 vanished)?

Then you would get everything, and only have one console.

Sure, I'd *love* to have *everything* on the Wii - but I know that is not realistic. I would be pissed though, if something like Mario Galaxy II (or the next Zelda, etc) was an exclusive to the PS3 or 360 - as I would then need to get new hardware to play it. Its a bit like Rare defecting...

But I guess that is one advantage of being a fan of Nintendo SOFTWARE - guaranteed that every title appears on the one console (or handheld).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

On how many DVDs will be SO4?
2 or 4? or 5? =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I just don't understand one thing:

why the hell did they have to show the ad for SO4 on PSP for the first time?

I mean, seriously.

PS3 owners get Final Fantasy XIII. That will be the JRPG to beat this generation. And you get Versus XIII.

What's there to complain about?

This is worse than the Ubisoft Boycotters. Sheesh.

shams said:
So... question for you all. Would anyone actually be *pissed off* if FFXIII came to the 360 (as WELL as the PS3) - even if the PS3 gets a 1-3 month exclusive period? Surely something like that would only make people happy, not angry?

(assuming the PS3 version is not gimped, maybe the 360 version is a "port")

...what about a Wii version as well as a PS3/360 version? Surely more money for SE is good, and lets them make more mega-games?

i think that every console needs at least one big game in each genre to be exclusive. racing, shooting, platform etc. if ps3 loses exclusive rights to final fantasy, then the ps3 has no big exclusive rpgs to boast about. it would nullify any reasons for japan users to buy a ps3 too.

i got a question too, if you were a developer, where do you think rpgs would make the most money out of the hd consoles? considering the install bases in each region. i personally think the ps3 would at the moment.

Around the Network

@ shams, I would not be happy, because I prefer the PS3, especially with the 360's hardware issues, and I have always stayed loyal to Sony, so I would prefer that they were the ones getting my money rather than M$. I also prefer the 1st party offerings of Sony, and they still have the most important exclusives for me

BTW where does it even say

Star Ocean 4....?? in the trailer that is

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CrazzyMan said:
On how many DVDs will be SO4?
2 or 4? or 5? =))

I'd be surprised if it was more than 2. More than 3 isn't going to happen. The PS2 game was on 2 single-layer DVDs.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

In the Xbox Live, the trailer is listed as "Star Ocean 4"

I watched it, then tried to play Ninja Gaiden and the DVD drive died on me.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Looks sweet, think I'd love a game like this - like a SE version of Mass Effect :)

So, should we start campaigning for a SINGLE, UNIFIED console after these three? I'd definitely be up for that - then we could bitch about games, rather than hardware :)

Ninty can do the controllers, Sony the hardware, MS the online + OS. Bring it on...
(hardware sold at cost, a single combined QA process, and manufacturing also at cost - or even better, "open" like DVDs).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099