By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like SO4 coming to 360 (almost confirmed)

Guess this makes sense - but it also means that a PS3 version is NOT in development at the moment. That is BAD news :(

Wonder how long it has to reach its benchmarks...(maybe proportional to the amount of cash MS is throwing at them :P).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

if was an rpg fan....wait, it wouldn't matter, i own both consoles anyway! plus i despise rpgs. it's funny though. the console with the most rpgs, is still selling the worst in japan. sony lost exclusives because demand wasn't high enough, now with the 360, it seems like that isn't even an issue for some reason. surely they know that an rpg would sell alot better on the ps3 than 360? devil may cry4, although not an rpg, is a japanese type of game, sold better on the ps3, and the difference in install base is quite significant.

i just can't find the logic behind this from a business point of view. sure, ms gets another rpg. but that's about the only result i can think of. with the current state of console sales, and where it LOOKS to be going now, it just doesn't making any sense developing it for the worst sellling console in japan AND at the moment(referring to demand, not install base). not even the wii is getting it, which i find really disturbing.

Summing up:

1- Nintendo offers 3rd parties a big and fast-growing userbase, the cheapest console to develop for, and the only financially viable console for Japanese-oriented games.

2- Microsoft offers 3rd parties a lot of moneyhats, good software development tools and an easy architecture to develop for.

3- In the meantime, Sony sits by and watches, giving little or nothing to most 3rd parties.

Put those three together and you can see where the PS3 is going in terms of RPGs. Sony either doesn't care or doesn't have the money to turn the situation around.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Munkeh111 said:
@ shams, we care because Sony needs to increase the install base in Japan, because rumours are that SE is not rushing XIII because it needs to PS3 to have a larger install base to make sure that it gets a decent return. My main problem is that Sony have all these studios, but many are taking forever to make any games. Only ND and Insomniac seem capable of regularily releasing games, and Insomniac will be onto their third before many studios make their first
But why do you care? To ensure you get more games on your PS3? Maybe you bought the wrong console, or should consider getting a 360 as well - then it just doesn't matter?

I don't know about you, but I'm in a position where I have too many games - and I have to turn a lot of new ones down at the moment. And that with just one console. Main reason I'm finding it so hard to shell out for a 360 (or PS3).

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Now the reasons that the initial Star Ocean 4 trailers didnt have any platform information makes sense.

They were just waiting till now in a big PR event to announce that the 360 had been their lead development console all the while. For such a big PS franchise, this news deserved a big audience.

I wonder which was the lead console for Last Remnant because its clear that more time was spent on the 360 version.

Around the Network
shams said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ shams, we care because Sony needs to increase the install base in Japan, because rumours are that SE is not rushing XIII because it needs to PS3 to have a larger install base to make sure that it gets a decent return. My main problem is that Sony have all these studios, but many are taking forever to make any games. Only ND and Insomniac seem capable of regularily releasing games, and Insomniac will be onto their third before many studios make their first
But why do you care? To ensure you get more games on your PS3? Maybe you bought the wrong console, or should consider getting a 360 as well - then it just doesn't matter?

I don't know about you, but I'm in a position where I have too many games - and I have to turn a lot of new ones down at the moment. And that with just one console. Main reason I'm finding it so hard to shell out for a 360 (or PS3).

I am getting a 360 for these games, but I just want Sony to get these games on PS3. I prefer the PS3, so I would prefer to get them on the PS3. I would prefer only one console, but a complete lack of jRPGs on PS3 is really preventing me. I do have to many games, but too many are the same, too many FPSs, and I really want jRPGs, but I want many of he console offerings from sony, but I would prefer I could have all the types of games that  I want on the same console

So... question for you all. Would anyone actually be *pissed off* if FFXIII came to the 360 (as WELL as the PS3) - even if the PS3 gets a 1-3 month exclusive period? Surely something like that would only make people happy, not angry?

(assuming the PS3 version is not gimped, maybe the 360 version is a "port")

...what about a Wii version as well as a PS3/360 version? Surely more money for SE is good, and lets them make more mega-games?

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Oh em gee.

Why are Sony Fans having a meltdown?

Let's really look at the news that came down today: Last Remnant is coming to the 360 first, but still coming to the PS3. And Star Ocean 4 is coming to the 360. No date announced, no timed exclusivity announced or not, or anything like that.

So let's look at the actual news for today that changed.

Last Remnant is coming to PS3 later.

That's all the news is. But for some reason, people act like this is the death of the PS3 or something like that, chill the freak out.

If you really want JRPGs, then buy a 360, or really, a DS.

the trailer has been put on you tube, hopefully this will work, but here is the link

@ shams, I would prefer that it was exclusive because it would help Ps3 sales in japan, increasing the number of games for PS3, but I would not really go crazy apart from for the fact that Sony has once again failed to secure an exclusive, but as long as it is not gimped at all, I would not care that much

And the JRPG devs are just as stupid, instead of feeding their JRPGs onto the viable platform for the Japanese market or *both*, they make it an exclusive for the worst selling. They're trying to create a stable environment for JRPGs and they're doing it on the wrong system. It's like everyone is in a cycle of making the worst business decisions for themselves, Sony barely trying and JRPG devs avoiding the next-gen system that could sustain them in their own country

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey