By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The maximum age for gaming

JGarret said:
starcraft, ever since the beginning of the last generation, my enjoyment while playing games has been going down, and now it´s accelerating, against my will :(

I still buy games, but I no longer have that "must open package right away and play it NOW" feeling.

In a nutshell, gaming is quickly getting uninteresting for me, and it´s out of my control...I feel like I´ve seen and played everything. Not even motion controls have been able to make me think "now this is a breath of fresh air".

That's an ongoing phenomenon that happens to everyone. The older you get, the less you get "WOW-ed" by stuff.

I felt the "must open package right away and play it NOW" about movies, music and live concerts too, back in the day (and about traveling, visiting an amusement park, driving a car, getting a new bike and so on...). But it's near impossible to get that excitement as an adult.

Around the Network

I came to this thread for pictures of Wii-tirement home bowling tournies. I give this thread a 7.0.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Slimebeast said:
JGarret said:
starcraft, ever since the beginning of the last generation, my enjoyment while playing games has been going down, and now it´s accelerating, against my will :(

I still buy games, but I no longer have that "must open package right away and play it NOW" feeling.

In a nutshell, gaming is quickly getting uninteresting for me, and it´s out of my control...I feel like I´ve seen and played everything. Not even motion controls have been able to make me think "now this is a breath of fresh air".

That's an ongoing phenomenon that happens to everyone. The older you get, the less you get "WOW-ed" by stuff.

I felt the "must open package right away and play it NOW" about movies, music and live concerts too, back in the day (and about traveling, visiting an amusement park, driving a car, getting a new bike and so on...). But it's near impossible to get that excitement as an adult.

wow wait till you get to my age dont believe the life begins at 40 crap lol. the other side is you still get the wow factor just about different things like your children and them growing up so it aint all bad. and you can still do gaming when the missus lets you or she is watching her soaps.

"you can still do gaming when the missus lets you or she is watching her soaps."

That part I´m not comfortable with, reask :P

Pigs will fly before I have to ask others permission to play a game, bought with my money, in my own house.

JGarret said:
"you can still do gaming when the missus lets you or she is watching her soaps."

That part I´m not comfortable with, reask :P

Pigs will fly before I have to ask others permission to play a game, bought with my money, in my own house.

*ahem*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

36 and I game over 40 hours/week.
I know people that are in their 40s and play Wow 30 hours+/week...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

The maximum age.......... take the number 8 and turn it sideways.

Well, I meant normal pigs, not rocket pigs :P

I don't think I will ever stop gaming. Anyone can game. My mom and aunts have fequently played the Wii since Wii Fit came out. (Mom:40 years old, Aunt 1:47 years old, aunt 2:57 years old)

nextgreatchamp said:
i think 30ish, if your married with kids. if your single than play whenever you want. my gaming will probably go down once i get married and have kids.

well mine didnt go down at 30 with wife & 3 kids lol, but after constant nagging and weekly in the dog-house. i dont get as much time as i used to

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...