By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ninja Gaiden II first week Sale predictions...

@NJ5

Well we'll find out soon.......I think your predictions for both MGS4 & NG 2 are way optimistic

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Someone is overestimating sales for both games.

I meant America, unlike MGS4...around 80% of NGII's sales will be from America. I dont' see this game selling well in Japan at all, maybe 200k in Europe in it's lifetime. I reckon JUST over 1million in U.S but had this game gotten as good ratings as NG1 i reckon it could easily break half a mil first week.(like COD4 on 360)

---

@ NJ5: I know, still can't see the reasoning behind month first :-/

@ darth: hmmm, insanely high number O_O If MGS4 gets some more exposure, then 1,2 should be reached easily I think.

About NG2: Was it advertised well? If so, then those 830,000 should be possible after all.

{papflesge

yeah but the lazy Ass' at SONY aren't really advertising it much or 2 million was possible

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

It's an extremely hardcore game, 830k first week is out of the question...especially for a game which is only really big in one region.

---

OK, I edited my post above.

My expectations are mostly based on the fact that this is the second game on a franchise which should have a hardcore fanbase by now. The kind of people who can't live without pre-ordering the game.

On a purely anecdotal evidence note, I went to two stores here in Sweden today and the game was sold out. I have no idea if there were big shipments though. Either shipments were low, in which case my European prediction might fail hard, or it proves that there were a lot of eager first week buyers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

game will sell well but not as big as one if you think,

550k ww

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
darthdevidem01 said:
{papflesge

yeah but the lazy Ass' at SONY aren't really advertising it much or 2 million was possible

I had a feeling that was picking up in the week leading up to the release?

darthdevidem01 said:
@paflesje

GTA 4 did 2.6 million week 1 on PS3

Yeah, and that game didn't even launch in Japan ;) I think a highly hyped (and delayed) title like MGS4 will also get a lot of pre-orders. Japan alone will see 300-400k in MGS4 sales first week.

I didn't put a lot of thinking into these predictions, but I think both of these games will have higher first week sales than their predecessors.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957