By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD5 :world at war is set in WWII,co-op and vehicle in MP

Supposedly treyarch have had 2 years to finish COD5 unlike cod3 where they had only 9 or so months. Could this show it will be a more quality game?
Also i think the only reason its on wii its to get punters cash id be amazed if the game wasnt different in some way ie obv graphics etc

Around the Network

Wow this will suck. Seems to follow the standard EA principle. Lets add vehicles develop it for all platforms and make it the lowest common denominator. Infinity Ward must really be hating them.

headshot91 said:
Supposedly treyarch have had 2 years to finish COD5 unlike cod3 where they had only 9 or so months. Could this show it will be a more quality game?
Also i think the only reason its on wii its to get punters cash id be amazed if the game wasnt different in some way ie obv graphics etc

Yeh, I think it will be a much better game that 3, though it won't scale the heights of 4

For me I get bored with WW2 games quickly. Those have been single player games though. A multiplayer online WW2 game might work for me. I might check it out, but I'm into modern weapons and vehicles. I don't care much for the past or future.

kber81 said:
Seriously they should give to us an opportunity to play as soldiers of axis. It would bring some fresh blood into WWII campaign. Not every Wehrmacht soldier was blood thirsty nazi freak. It would be really interesting to play as some German soldier who just tries to survive in frozen Russia. Same with Japan. It would be awesome to take part in defense of Okinawa or Iwo Jima.
No more John the superhero. Please.

The world isn't ready for that. Maybe in 10-15 years from now, but not today. And it's not about gamers in the US not likeing the idea, it's that it's too controversial. Media would raise a shitstorm, the game would be banned in Germany etc.

Around the Network

Game might have half of the sales COD 5 did. COD4 was way bigger than COD3 for a reason, it was a million times more polished.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Good-bye M16A4 with silencer add on, I will miss you =(.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I was looking forward to a COD4 style game for the Wii. WW2 has been done to death. If its good, i'll get it for multiplayer, but no matter what, WW2 weapons suck and are boring compared to modern day and futuristic. The weapon library really makes or breaks a FPS for me.

Treyarch aims to "explore the darkest corners of WWII," giving the military shooter more of a survival horror flavor by "tackling darker themes" and pitting players against a "new, seemingly alien fighting force."

This just made the game a lot more interesting, it sounds like a nice change of pace then what last gen war shooters had. But i'm not really sure there will be lots of room for CoD5 this fall, Socom/R2/ followed by KZ2 in Feb, and by the looks of it Gears of war two will be massive.

I'm looking forward to this game. Set in the Pacifics is a great idea for WWII game.
I didn't mind COD3 so I'm sure this will be just fine.