By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - this week MKWii will pass SSBB in sales,how long will it last

This post was taken away by request of user, moderator or administrator.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

mkwii will sell at least 5mil more than ssbb by time generation is over ssbb will be back in lead after euro launch but by end of holidays mkwii will be on top and never look back i am assuming they ship a decent number of mkwii by xmas to do this

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Oyvoyvoyv said:
I don't think MKWii will ever outsell Brawl in America. It is 1.4M behind right now, and it is tracking 800K below.

it is only tracking below because it has been sold out since launch unfair comparison when one was readily available and the other is harder to find than wii fit in stores

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Like everyone has said, only until it gets released in Europe/Others. MK might come back and lead in a few years though.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Fastrabbit09 said:
mkwii will sell at least 5mil more than ssbb by time generation is over ssbb will be back in lead after euro launch but by end of holidays mkwii will be on top and never look back i am assuming they ship a decent number of mkwii by xmas to do this

Lets be realistic here...i dont' think ANY single platform game this gen will sell 5 million more than Brawl let alone Mario kart lol.

Brawl is gonna outsell Mario Kart this year on worldwide sales, even in the long run the difference in sales will be maybe 1 million at MOST. Melee outsold DD but i expect Kart to outsell Brawl by about 500-1M..if that. 

And i hope brawl sells poorly in europe because nintendo stupidly delayed it for so long.

---

Around the Network

I think a lot of you overestimate brawl in europe ;)

Lord_Yggdrassil said:

Lets be realistic here...i dont' think ANY single platform game this gen will sell 5 million more than Brawl let alone Mario kart lol.

wii fit says hi

and what you think != reality

Predictions:

Fastrabbit09 said:
Lord_Yggdrassil said:

wii fit says hi

and what you think != reality

Are you joking or what? or just didn't understand what i said? 

What i think is a realistic outcome. SSBB is going to sell around maybe 6-8 Million in it's lifetime...how many games will sell 11-13 million on a single platform? Wiifit..what if Nintendo release wiifit 2 in the next year? Do you honestly believe it's sensible to compare a standard game to a interactive MAT? lol. So there you go i am being realistic, you saying Mario kart wii will outsell brawl by 5 million is very unrealistc and you never considered previous research of the two franchises. 

And "what you think != reality"

When did i say that?

---

Mario Kart and Brawl can close out Nintendo has having the top 5 sellers this generation.

Wii Fit has sold 4.5M already. It could sell 10M by the end of the year (I doubt it). Nintendo has never (as far as I know) published 2 games in the same franchise within the same 52 weeks.

You can say certainly that Wii Fit 2 isn't comming out in the next 52 weeks from now, as they would consider America/Europe the major launch.

Wii Fit has to average 75K from now on and out, + a big holiday season, and hooray, it's 5M ahead of Brawl.

Also, why did you say "let alone Mario Kart"? MKWii could outsell any other single platform game on Ps360...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS