By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yay! Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Japan preorders at 150k!

Its just a assumption though, but there is a high probability that it will happen.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
XiaoMay said:
Soriku said:
XiaoMay said:
http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=314508&page=9

it seems that The Source was wrong, because Sinobi and Neogaf state that RETAILERS pre-ordered 200K

meaning that 150k customer pre order is impossible...

still expecting aroung 120k on 1st week

Umm...no. TheSouce said that 2 weeks ago. Preorders must have increased 50k in 2 weeks. But I think TheSource meant consumer preorders while Sinobi says retailers...

yes

and I dont see how customers pre-orders could have been 150k 2 weeks ago if retailers preorders are only 200k today

it only means this 150k was retailers number... logical

The Source has clearly stated his number was customer pre-orders. That really can't be disputed if what Soriku quoted is true. What it means is the number was wrong. The Source believed it was an accurate projection, but it has proven to be inaccurate in light of new data. Logical.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Never noticed it, only 2 days to go...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Isn't Tales of Vesperia launching now in Japan (360 version)? I hope ToS beats the crap out of it!

Yeah sounds good but i wanna see the reviews b4 i pick up this one.

"Like you know"

Around the Network
Zuhyc said:
Isn't Tales of Vesperia launching now in Japan (360 version)? I hope ToS beats the crap out of it!

Why do you hope, it most likely will happen. Wii- Userbase in japan = 12 times the 360s userbase.

Zuhyc said:

No it's coming out I think Aug 9th...

Former something....

TOS will have more sales in Japan than Tales of Vespera will have WW.

I think TOS:DoTNW (if it is good) will be absolutly huge. It is being pushed by Nintendo and looks like it will be marketed very well. Add that to the fact TOS already has a huge cult following I think it has a shot at 500k in Japan, and 1.5 million WW.

That would certainly help to start bring the Jrpgs to the Wii.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
TOS will have more sales in Japan than Tales of Vespera will have WW.

I think TOS:DoTNW (if it is good) will be absolutly huge. It is being pushed by Nintendo and looks like it will be marketed very well. Add that to the fact TOS already has a huge cult following I think it has a shot at 500k in Japan, and 1.5 million WW.

That would certainly help to start bring the Jrpgs to the Wii.

Well it already was marketed well. I believe there were about a few different commercials and such. The game should be big.

This is really good news, i would be happy if it sold 120k first week, anything more is icing on the cake. I don't want to see good titles like ToS bomb so hard while other crappy licensed games become million sellers instantly.