By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yay! Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Japan preorders at 150k!

This attempt to rain on our parade has been noted by Zenfoldor and filed under the "you'll pay" section of my "pour some hot grease on you" files.

You'll hear from us shortly.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Daileon said:
Being a nice niche game on a non-niche genre? Then I guess that the sales build up after the buyers tell their friends how awesome this game is and etc...

Whatever, I don't think that Tales of is a really niche franchise. XD

Tales isn't as niche as Soriku says it is. Tales may not reach FF-level sales numbers but calling Tales niche is like calling Star Ocean niche. Both Tales and SO aren't as niche as some might think. Both ToS and SO3 sold a million copies WW LTD

Well, it's not mainstream either =/ It's kinda in the middle of niche and mainstream. SO sells more than Tales of.

That's because every Tales game other Symphonia wasn't advertised on its American release.  Star Ocean 3 sold well in America because it got decent marketing unlike Tales(other than Symphonia anyway)

What if this game outsold MGS4 in Japan? The meltdowns it would cause...

I'll avoid that drama for now. At first I thought this wouldn't do as well as Symphonia, but with the larger install base of the Wii, this may be the stepping stone to make Tales much closer as a mainstream RPG series, especially in America.

And love the disc art.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
What if this game outsold MGS4 in Japan? The meltdowns it would cause...

I'll avoid that drama for now. At first I thought this wouldn't do as well as Symphonia, but with the larger install base of the Wii, this may be the stepping stone to make Tales much closer as a mainstream RPG series, especially in America.

And love the disc art.
Just like Star Ocean 3 was a stepping stone to make SO closer to a mainstream RPG series.

Soriku said:
Kenology said:
BengaBenga said:
Very good, not only for Wii, but for JRPG lovers as well. Shiren 3 sold pretty good and ToS seems to at least outsell Symphonia (and thereby automatically become the best sold Tales ever).

I was curious to know how Shiren 3 sold. Do you have any figures? We don't seem to have any data on the site.

From the preliminary data:

"Shiren the Wanderer 3, Sega’s dungeon crawler, had a pretty good debut this week selling almost 70,000 units."

Oh, ok.  I didn't read the preview yet.  I went to the Shiren 3 page, but I was mislead because it was listed as having a 2/28/08 release date.

Heading over to the preview now. 

Around the Network

The graphics look like VERY better technically, but less stylized than ToS1... Must have for sure.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Who the is dumb enough to put Raine into the front lines?

Former something....

This is great for ToS 2. Hopefully about a 250k opener in Japan. Normally Tales games have huge dropoffs, but given an RPG on Wii in Japan, maybe not. We'll see. My guess is about 500k-600k for the game in 2008. We'll see though. Definete platinum worldwide.

I *wish* I could be as optimistic about the sales, but I feel Tos2 will be lucky to break 100k first week. :/

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Well I just finally pre-ordered the game from Amazon.co.jp. Just over 2 weeks left until it's released.

Though, I doubt I'll ever actually play the game myself, haha. :-o

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"