By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yay! Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Japan preorders at 150k!

XiaoMay said:
brute said:
is that retailer pre-orders or costumer pre-orders?

IT IS ALWAYS THE RETAILERS PRE-ORDERS, AKA THE MAXIMUM THE GAME CAN SELL

Especially when the source is shinobi, who always gives retailers pre-orders

(read the source here in japanese : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/)

So, it's FAR from being a lot... Just average.

Siren the Wanderer 3 was around 100K preordered copies, and ended at 70k sells.

I expect like 100k for 1st week in Japan for ToS2

What?!! THATS BAD... D: But  The Source says though: "Metal Gear Solid 4 is likely to do ~250,000 units week one on PS3. Whatever window PS3 has to outsell Wii in Japan appears short lived though, as Tales of Symphonia reservations are now just a tick shy of 150,000 units almost three weeks before release. Expect Wii hardware sales remain in the 40,000 to 50,000 unit range for the week." <--------- What could this mean?!! I read it too.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I just seen this on the game charts:

Tales of Symphonia GC:

Week 1 179,938 Japan

Soriku was right!

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

XiaoMay said:
Soriku said:
XiaoMay said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

yeah definetely do that

THis is the FIRST JRPG (atleast BIG one) on Wii, thats why I believe most people are hyped..

Its success is very important for future support.

Meaning 150k retailler's preorder is not so good for futurer JRPG on Wii...

Uh...dude. It's costumer preorders/reservations.

no, it's not I think. Read my previous post

the numbers are directly from sinobi ameblo and he ALWAYS gives retailler's pre-order. so it's just an extrapolation from that

the system in Japan make it IMPOSSIBLE to give customers preorders, just an estimation

I say that just for you guys not to be disapointed when you see the game selling around 100-120k on 1st week (What ? But we thought it had 150k pre-orders...

those numbers are not from sinobi they are from vgchartz.  I have learned not to put much faith into the japanese preliminary numbers, they are often full of obvious mistakes and numbers can be way off.  I love vgchartz but that's just the truth about prelim numbers.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Must buy, must own.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

johnsobas said:

those numbers are not from sinobi they are from vgchartz. I have learned not to put much faith into the japanese preliminary numbers, they are often full of obvious mistakes and numbers can be way off. I love vgchartz but that's just the truth about prelim numbers.

I love vgchartz too, and when The Source says 150k preoders, I understand 100 k sells for 1st week  Which is not so bad, but I don't expect more from Wii If the game was to do something like 220k on 1st week, I would really be happy though 

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

With three weeks to go I really doubt there wont be more reservations maybe 10,000 to 30,000 more so I expect to similiar opening week as the gamecube counterpart but longer legs.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

XiaoMay said:
johnsobas said:

those numbers are not from sinobi they are from vgchartz. I have learned not to put much faith into the japanese preliminary numbers, they are often full of obvious mistakes and numbers can be way off. I love vgchartz but that's just the truth about prelim numbers.

I love vgchartz too, and when The Source says 150k preoders, I understand 100 k sells for 1st week Which is not so bad, but I don't expect more from Wii If the game was to do something like 220k on 1st week, I would really be happy though

Thats almost as sales of first week of MGS4 first week if that happens... The Source said himself.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

If I read TheSource's prelim correctly he says: 150.000 RESERVATIONS for ToS2 and 210.000 PRE-ORDERS for MGS4 (I assume that's without the bundles).

I assume that reservations are actually reservations by costumers. That would mean it could definitely do around 180.000 first week.

we'll have to see though. I hope TheSource will explain here what he means with the numbers.

BengaBenga said:
Very good, not only for Wii, but for JRPG lovers as well. Shiren 3 sold pretty good and ToS seems to at least outsell Symphonia (and thereby automatically become the best sold Tales ever).

I was curious to know how Shiren 3 sold.  Do you have any figures?  We don't seem to have any data on the site.

Daileon said:
Being a nice niche game on a non-niche genre? Then I guess that the sales build up after the buyers tell their friends how awesome this game is and etc...

Whatever, I don't think that Tales of is a really niche franchise. XD

Tales isn't as niche as Soriku says it is.  Tales may not reach FF-level sales numbers but calling Tales niche is like calling Star Ocean niche.  Both Tales and SO aren't as niche as some might think.  Both ToS and SO3 sold a million copies WW LTD