By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Attn Multi-console owners: WHo else is giving up on wii?

Torillian said:
Only issue I'm having with the Wii is I don't really have anything to look forward to coming out for it as far as I know. I'm expecting to change come E3, however, so I'm not really worrying about it.

Same here.

Around the Network

I own all 3 consoles and im much more likely to give up my 360 than my Wii or PS3, simply becuase i only play 1 game regularly on my 360 compared to 5/6 pn PS3 and 3/4 on Wii.

I am sceptical this person even owns a Wii.

In light of what was discovered, the thread should be locked and the author banned.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

KobeBeef said:
Im not literally giving up on the system but everything I wanted has basically come out and I no longer feel the need to track the consoles growth. Who else that owns all the consoles fells this way? I mean everything Nintendo is doing seems like catch up to me. :/

Like since i have PSN and XBL i know what an online service should really be like. And I know what real hardcore games should be like. Not saying that the Wii doesn't have any, but all the deliciously good ones are already out and I just don't see any really catching my for the future. If any gems or just outrageously awesome titles come along in the consoles future Ill be sure to snag those, but i have given up the hype, hope, and follow of Wii.

With only 2 posts, I come to think this is a troll account some member just created to stir something up.

First I have all consoles. The Wii, PS3 and X360 all offer something to me in return and the future for all three of the those consoles are promising. The Wii is now market leader in hardware and its only a matter of time for developers start to develop some new experiences on it real soon.

The Wii software that is promising and what has already been delievered that I like:

Alone in the Dark Battalion Wars 2 Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree Bleach: Shattered Blade Call of Duty 3
Death Jr.: Root of Evil Disaster: Day of Crisis Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon Ghost Squad Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Guitar Hero World Tour Link's Crossbow Training Mario Kart 64 (VC) Mario Kart Wii Mario Party 8 Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams No More Heroes Okami One Piece: Unlimited Adventure Paper Mario (VC) Pokemon Snap (VC) Prince of Persia Rival Swords Rayman Raving Rabbids Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party Red Steel Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Rygar: The Battle of Argus Sega Superstars Tennis Sonic and the Secret Rings Sonic the Hedgehog (VC) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (VC) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (VC) Spore Star Fox 64 (VC) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Streets of Rage (VC) Streets of Rage 2 (VC) Streets of Rage 3 (VC) Super Mario 64 (VC) Super Mario Bros. (VC) Super Mario Bros. 2 (VC) Super Mario Bros. 3 (VC) Super Mario Galaxy Super Mario World (VC) Super Paper Mario Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World The Godfather: Blackhand Edition The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (VC) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (VC) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess TimeSplitters 4 Top Spin 3 Trauma Center: New Blood Trauma Center: Second Opinion WarioWare: Smooth Moves Wii Fit Wii Music Orchestra Wii Play Wii Sports Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

The ones that are highlight in yellow are must-play Wii games for me. But that is an awesome list and that list will only get bigger as I update it.

So just hold out giving up on the Wii. The Wii hasn't even hit its prime yet. It's still selling like crazy. You might think since Nintendo released Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda its over. Its not so many games still need to be announced and released before making or passing judgement, bro.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

In light of what was discovered, the thread should be locked and the author banned.

Come on KobeBeef, where's the beef? (Olol I am teh clevars)

Only console I've owned that I gave up on was the Dreamcast, and, well, I pretty much didn't have a choice on that due to Sega themselves axing support.

There's not a WHOLE lot of must-haves currently on my list for any system right now. I'm sure that will change as various games get nearer to release and start to stand out from the crowd.

Wii wise, this week I'll be picking up Blast Works and I'm following a few other titles that may interest me.. Stuff like deBlob, Mad World, Sim City Creator, Animal Crossing, the next Zelda game, Rayman Raving Rabbids 3, SBCG4AP etc.

Even though I have a 360, the Wii is /by far/ the most used console in my house (and most fun in my opinion) and I still track how well it's doing because I find that interesting. There's still a lot of big games I'm looking forward to on the Wii. Unfortunately, we don't know which are in development because lately Nintendo has had a habit of announcing its games late in their dev cycle.

I only have about 20 Wii games right now, so there is actually a ton of really good Wii games that I haven't picked up simply because I haven't had time to play them, and I'll probably grab them when they're in the bargain bin.   

@Lafiel: What were you saying?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

11ht11 said:
Soriku said:
List of upcoming good games:

-Fatal Frame IV
-Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
-Monster Hunter 3
-Fragile
-Oboro Muramasa Youtouden/Odin Sphere 2
-Tenchu 4
-Kid Icarus
-Castlevania Wii (this is pretty much a given)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
-Disaster: Day of Crisis
-King Story
-Rune Factory Frontier
-The Conduit
-Spyborgs
-Mad World

Already released good games:

-No More Heroes
-Zelda
-SMG
-Metroid Prime 3
-Zack and Wiki
-Okami

Seriously, the Wii has a really good line-up. What are you complaining about?

heres another list

1. *Fatal Frame: Mask Of The Lunar Eclipse
2. *Kid Icarus (Expected to be announced at E3.)
3. *The Conduit
4. *Monster Hunter 3 (E3.)
5. *Tenchu 4
6. *Disaster: Day Of Crisis
7. *Harvest Moon: Tree Of Tranquility
8. *Red Steel 2 (E3.)
9. Castlevania Wii
10. *Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicels: The Crystal Bearers
11. *Tales Of Symphonia Dawn Of The New World
12. Star Wars The Force Unleashed
13. *Mario Superstar Sluggers
14. *Rune Factory