By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to turn Blu Monday?

i dont think they will go blu ray. they might sometime but not anytime close

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
zero129 said:
Lol @ the people saying Ms copycat etc.
Blu-Ray is just another format how is it copying?,
if Ms doesn't add it this gen it more then likely will next gen, *
as now Blu Ray is the next media to take over from DVD.
Was MS copying Sony by adding DVD to the original xbox and the 360?? +

anyway if this does Happen they might make an SKU with the blu-ray drive added and make an add on drive for the people that has an older model..

* not according to microsoft's future vision it won't.

+ i'm sure you realise that the dvd drive in both xbox consoles weren't added a year and a half into the consoles life. 

either you're not very informed about how microsoft do business, or you're just missing the point.

put it this way, if microsoft do put blu-ray into their consoles, they would have basically tried to copy nearly all of their competitions' current selling points (meaning the wii as well), which they previously brushed off as not needed or a fad. taking blu-ray on board will just show how creative microsoft are.

So if Microsoft puts in WiFi they're also copying their competition? What about putting HDD in the machines... Damn Sony is creative aren't they. That was a key selling point of the original Xbox.

You = Delusional.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
DOATS1 said:
zero129 said:

anyway if this does Happen they might make an SKU with the blu-ray drive added and make an add on drive for the people that has an older model..

+ i'm sure you realise that the dvd drive in both xbox consoles weren't added a year and a half into the consoles life. 

either you're not very informed about how microsoft do business, or you're just missing the point.

put it this way, if microsoft do put blu-ray into their consoles, they would have basically tried to copy nearly all of their competitions' current selling points (meaning the wii as well), which they previously brushed off as not needed or a fad. taking blu-ray on board will just show how creative microsoft are.

So if Microsoft puts in WiFi they're also copying their competition? What about putting HDD in the machines... Damn Sony is creative aren't they. That was a key selling point of the original Xbox.

You = Delusional.

i said the consoles selling points, wi fi and hard drives aren't exactly deal breakers when choosing a console, in this generation anyway.

what is one of wii's main selling points and what is the ps3's main selling point? now tell me you're not seeing a pattern here, if this news is true that is.

Coming this Xmas - the XBOX 360 Precision Console (Featuring Blu-Ray and 360-Mote)

New MS Slogan = "This isnt just desperation, this is Microsoft Desperation"

lol sorry but thats all that can be said about the rumours!

DOATS1 said:
Squilliam said:
DOATS1 said:
zero129 said:

You = Delusional.

i said the consoles selling points, wi fi and hard drives aren't exactly deal breakers when choosing a console, in this generation anyway.

what is one of wii's main selling points and what is the ps3's main selling point? now tell me you're not seeing a pattern here, if this news is true that is.

I always thought of Blu Ray as a heavy weight tied around an otherwise good console. The main selling point for Sony probably always was reputation. They can't steal that, but Sony sure has done well to ruin a lot of the good faith they had already.

Some people want Blu ray - For those people they offer an SKU, whats wrong with that?

Some people want motion controls - So they offer it, whats wrong with that?

Its about giving people what they want. If you sit by and not follow a good idea when you see it just because your competition is doing it first then you're a fool.

If they earn money from installing Blu ray in say the Elite model, then it shows that they've done a good thing. People reward the good with money, they punish the bad by with-holding it.

Tease.

Around the Network

I hope it's true. MS bowing down to the superior. Surrender to defeat MS :P 360 fans this is humilating to MS - Sony won this one :D and now BR will be able to go further - faster. LOL at MS fans who say BR is not needed or sucks :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
I hope it's true. MS bowing down to the superior. Surrender to defeat MS :P 360 fans this is humilating to MS - Sony won this one :D and now BR will be able to go further - faster. LOL at MS fans who say BR is not needed or sucks :P

Hmm... And say for instance if the Xbox360 starts outselling the PS3 again you're still going to feel great that Microsoft was humiliated?

Tease.

I'm curious if MS did have a Blu-Ray drive,i wonder if it would be faster then the PS3 drive? Given that all the PS3 mandatory installs apparently come from the slower Blu-Ray drive. Would this lead to 360 hdd installs as well? Cause that would be a problem given all skus don't have a hdd.

Blood_Tears said:
I'm curious if MS did have a Blu-Ray drive,i wonder if it would be faster then the PS3 drive? Given that all the PS3 mandatory installs apparently come from the slower Blu-Ray drive. Would this lead to 360 hdd installs as well? Cause that would be a problem given all skus don't have a hdd.

Xbox360 games are DVD so the drive will be reading DVD only for games. Its strictly a movie playing device so it wouldn't effect anything else.

Tease.

NJ5 said:

If it's an add-on, that's fine, maybe it even makes sense to have one.

If they're adding it to the 360 itself, I don't think it makes sense. IMO they should avoid having a model which is close in price and capabilities to the PS3, otherwise they're decreasing/eliminating their price advantage in the eyes of the consumer.

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens tomorrow. I also don't understand how this has much to do with Apple.

Isn't the "elite" alredy more expensive than the 40gig PS3 (which has blu-ray)

- so that price point your talking about is only existant in the other 360 sku's... thus making it a non issue in this discussion. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.