By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Before bedtime: For those that thought Banjo 3 wasn't a platformer.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
Banjo Kazooie is as much as a platformer as Need for Speed: Most Wanted is a realistic racer.

I hate to say it, but this tends to be my opinion also.

That article loses credibility when it fails to menion SMG in any sense. Even Banjo didn't forget that in the freakin' trailer.

That said it doesn't have to be a platformer to be great. It just shouldn't have played up the vehicles so much in the trailer.

You play SMG then look at that trailer and your like "UGH!"

I am anyway, lol...

He didn't say that BK3 is the beginning of "next-gen platforming," he said that it is what its all about.  "Innovation" is what its all about.  I don't think that excludes SMG, I think it praises it.

When you saw vehicles you decided it wasn't a platformer, but thats clearly not the case with this game.  The vehicles are a tool for platforming, rather than an impediment to it. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Dear lord,

when you created humanity, didn't you know sony fanboys* would come to piss me off?

see you,
SK

*changed from idiots so as to not offend

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

starcraft said:
Rath said:
I think a more realistic accusation than racer is that BK3 is a kart game like CTR or MK. Those are both more racing centric than BK3 but BK3 appears to have more in common with them than with traditional platformers.

Oh and of course it doesn't mean the game is going to bad, just a disappointment for the old Banjo diehard fans who were hoping for another Banjo-Kazooie, not for Banjo Kart.

Alas, this is one of the more fundamental misconceptions that drawn from the trailer.

The game has puzzles that need to be solved by collecting parts and amalgamating them into highly customizable vehicles of all descriptions.

That is the very definition of platforming, even if its not the platformer you wanted.

Really thats the definition of platforming? Then what on earth are Mario games?

I just feel that this game has very few of the elements that traditionally make up a platformer from what I have seen. Mostly traditional platformers are about running and jumping whereas this one seems to be based more on construction and driving mechanics.  

DMeisterJ said:
Banjo Kazooie is as much as a platformer as Need for Speed: Most Wanted is a realistic racer.
 Cant Believe I read this. Behind Mario, Banjo Kazooie was far and away the next best platforming game. Games like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and the rest werw a notch down from Mario and Banjo games. 

@MANUELF

Yes LBP will be better than MGS4...replayability>>>epic-ness and so on

why do you think SSBM was my most played game last gen.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Rath said:
I think a more realistic accusation than racer is that BK3 is a kart game like CTR or MK. Those are both more racing centric than BK3 but BK3 appears to have more in common with them than with traditional platformers.

Oh and of course it doesn't mean the game is going to bad, just a disappointment for the old Banjo diehard fans who were hoping for another Banjo-Kazooie, not for Banjo Kart.

Alas, this is one of the more fundamental misconceptions that drawn from the trailer.

The game has puzzles that need to be solved by collecting parts and amalgamating them into highly customizable vehicles of all descriptions.

That is the very definition of platforming, even if its not the platformer you wanted.

I hope that post is a joke. Otherwise, I'd have to call it one the biggest failures I've ever seen around here.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Why have we got onto Little Big Planet? that game will be amazing (and it is not just for kids), but this will also be great. It is not traditional platforming, but what everyone is complaining about is lack of inovation, and then when something new comes along, you all complain

@munkeh111

but this is not innovation....thats the thing all of you are getting mixed up about.

LBP is huge game only PS fans minds...

Bk the same to the 360 fan boys... 

No BK3 is rightfully big due to the brand

LBP is big due to it being hyped to such a high extent by gamin sites.....I mean some of the comments from IGN n some other sites were so extremely positive.