By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo... OMG thats ALL that I can say. BRILLIANT! Wiifit made me cry.

Ok, well I only had tears in my eyes... I wasn't 8 again watching the Lion King or anything but man I had an awesome moment because of Wii Fit.

My friend has been disabled since he was very young, so he hasn't been able to run, hold a pencil or even move himself more than a few paces. He has never been able to play a game before in his life. NEVER! He has wanted to since as long as I can remember. He doesn't have arms to hold a controller nor does he have much in the way of legs to use either.

A few days ago I brought my Wii Fit around and he was able to play ALL of the balance games. Finally he could play games, hes always wanted to but hes been forced all his life to just watch others play instead. This is a game system that finally he has a chance to use, complete inclusiveness! This is the culmination of the reason why I bought a Wii in the first place. It wasn't so "I" could play, it was in the hope that he could. I was a little disapointed that he couldn't use the Wiimote, but I always had hope that somehow I could find a controller or modify one that would suit him perfectly. Now I found one, its been such a great time just watching him for a change finally be able to play some games.

I have to say thanks to the people who sat on their butts and found out if in fact you can play the Wiifit that way. I am so grateful for your help.

Nintendo - They did it!

Tease.

Around the Network

That is a very touching and compelling story. Seriously, that is quite touching. I, for one, am very proud of this milestone for gaming as well as your friend.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Thats a wonderful thing. Congratulations to your friend.
And well done to you for being such a wonderful and caring person.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Thanks, and thanks again to the people who helped me in that thread I made!

Its the best console exclusive ever! :)

Tease.

Thats great. Once in a while things like this happen and really puts life into perspective. We squabble about which console is best or which games we should buy but this is what it is really about. PLAYING games.

Around the Network

Wow..thats a very cool story.....I hope your friend is enjoying it!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

he is an unfortunate person because of his disabilities but fortunately he has Squilliam as his fren :)

Absolutely brilliant for your friend and yourself, if we could hear just one story like this every day the world would be a much nicer place, congrats to you both again.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

thats really heartwarming, thanks for sharing it

Oh yea, I just got boom blox and RE4 for the Wii because I was on such a high from the Wii Fit thing. They're both pretty cool, but man Boom Blox is amazing really. We can do multiplayer, he points it and I throw the Wiimote for him. What an innovative game! Sometimes simple fun is the best, and I've had more fun with Boom Blox than I did with my entire PS3 collection.

Tease.