By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
starcraft said:
tabsina said:

i haven't read any of darths posts, i can make my own opinions

I've no doubt that you can.  But saying that the third Banjo Kazooie, a game from the original team who are trying to do something innovative (that can't have been easy to sell with Microsoft breathing down their necks) is in fact NOT the real Banjo 3 reeks of cynicism.

it most likely sounded worse than the tone i was trying to set.. but BK3 was a 360 seller for me (complimented by fable 2), and the trailer completely deminished that, but i'm definitely still interested in it... but i just wouldn't even consider buying the 360 for it anymore.. if you'll notice my edit, the thing i liked about BK over other platformers was that the characters themselves possessed so many unique abilities.. its feels like, they've put in vehicles and guns to please the 360 owners and replaced them with (most likely) the just as useful abilities from the original game..

That said.. i'm basing everything on what we know so far (i've read several previews too), if it turns out there is more under the shell than what we've seen, ie. being able to completely ignore the vehicle aspect and get actual abilities for the characters. haha , or something a little more realistic, then i might spring right back into wanting a 360 for it

You may even be right, maybe i am being cynical because of the fact they could have given any old characters the ability to make vehicles and ride them in special ways, while only banjo and kazooie could do their own thing that made them banjo and kazooie (and to repeat myself, the reason i liked the franchise) ..

Around the Network

Well darth had me thinking that the game will be total trash...saying "I was thinking wrong".

So I'm still going to check this game out regardless of his statements. I like the trailer and I like the Banjo franchise, maybe Rare can deliver this series on the Xbox 360. I liked Kameo on the Xbox 360, but I thought Grabbed by the Ghoulies on the original Xbox was total trash.

But I see BK3 being something for me to buy.

darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

you are mixing up innovating with changing completely Starcraft

I was hyped for BK 3 before...you should see my posts. But after they showed my hype and loads of other peoples hype reached ZERO.

No-ones saying only Nintendo should innovate.....but you keep bringing out how BK Nuts n bolts is Innovative on every thread...when you are mixing up meanings.

It looks more like a design your vehicle to get through the environment efficiently kind of a game....that isn't a platformer.
On the contrary.  What you just described in your last line is the definition of a puzzle platformer.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ecurbj said:
Well darth had me thinking that the game will be total trash...saying "I was thinking wrong".

So I'm still going to check this game out regardless of his statements. I like the trailer and I like the Banjo franchise, maybe Rare can deliver this series on the Xbox 360. I liked Kameo on the Xbox 360, but I thought Grabbed by the Ghoulies on the original Xbox was total trash.

But I see BK3 being something for me to buy.

Grabbed by the ghoulies was a commercial and critical flop.  You dont have to worry about them making another one.

This game is a platformer.  Its really that simple.  

It isn't a traditional platformer, but neither was SMG.

The fact that its a platformer doesn't automatically mean it'll be good, but consider this:

-Well funded: Check

-Original Banjo team: Check

-Platformer: Check

-Innovative: Check

-Great previews: Check 

I think the chances of this title being very good are high.

Ah yes, Banjo kazooie, the one game i dont regret buying for my N64....and to think Rare went on to make the inana Jet Force Jemini...oh dear

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
tabsina said:

it most likely sounded worse than the tone i was trying to set.. but BK3 was a 360 seller for me (complimented by fable 2), and the trailer completely deminished that, but i'm definitely still interested in it... but i just wouldn't even consider buying the 360 for it anymore.. if you'll notice my edit, the thing i liked about BK over other platformers was that the characters themselves possessed so many unique abilities.. its feels like, they've put in vehicles and guns to please the 360 owners and replaced them with (most likely) the just as useful abilities from the original game..

That said.. i'm basing everything on what we know so far (i've read several previews too), if it turns out there is more under the shell than what we've seen, ie. being able to completely ignore the vehicle aspect and get actual abilities for the characters. haha , or something a little more realistic, then i might spring right back into wanting a 360 for it

You may even be right, maybe i am being cynical because of the fact they could have given any old characters the ability to make vehicles and ride them in special ways, while only banjo and kazooie could do their own thing that made them banjo and kazooie (and to repeat myself, the reason i liked the franchise) ..

I'm somewhat more fond of this post, because it sounds like your more dissappointed it wont be a traditional Banjo, but willing to give Rare a look-in when the game is done.

I played the first title through 3 times, believe me when I say I am a traditional Banjo fan.  But I have faith in Banjo 3, and I have faith in the original team.

Just keep an eye on the game, thats all I ask. 

starcraft said:
tabsina said:

[snip]

I'm somewhat more fond of this post, because it sounds like your more dissappointed it wont be a traditional Banjo, but willing to give Rare a look-in when the game is done.

I played the first title through 3 times, believe me when I say I am a traditional Banjo fan.  But I have faith in Banjo 3, and I have faith in the original team.

Just keep an eye on the game, thats all I ask. 

will be doing just that

Ofcourse we will keep our eye on it....but I'm not expecting much

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

i just want to say that Banjo Nuts and Bolts looks way more fun than the previous Banjos.

I got an eye on the game...don't worry starcraft.

I wonder how Rare will do the achievement points :P

I would definitely buy BK3 for the achievement points....(ecurbj is a achievement whore)...lol