By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Qore for PSN

So i downloaded Qore the new feature on the Playstation Network. Its basically a show about upcoming games new features and trailers for the ps3. Now the big question is, is this feature worth 2.99$ episode. The first episode was about 20 to 25 minutes long if you watch everything the episode has to offer.

Episode #1

Exclusive look into the new Socom online shooter for the ps3 which just made me want the game even more. they also gave details about clans and customization and exspressed that it is a very TEAM oriented online shooter.Also if you purchase the first episode of Qore you get to be one of the first to participate the Socom online beta, and you get an exclusive Socom theme for your ps3.

Exclusive look at Soul Calibur IV were they showed Darth Vader in action they also mentioned he will have his powers in the game which they showed off. They gave good detail about the story and gameplay

Exclusive look at The Force Unleashed were they showed off alot of gameplay and the story of this game. They also showed a boss battle and some of the levels you would be playing in. The physics in this game are sooo cool all the levels can be completely destroyed and used aganst anyone in the game.

There is also something for you PSP fans included with this first episode of Qore Along the lines of Ratchet and Clank, and you also get the Trailer for the new Hulk movie.

So is Qore worth 2.99$ well in my opinion yes i mean basically everything i saw in Qore i havent seen anywhere else on the internet or in magizines. They even convinced me to get Socom, but this is just my opinion. What do you guys think and has anybody else downloaded this new feature.

So is Qore worth the 2.99$

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Well I have to assume that eventually all those things will wind up on the internet, but it sounds like they did a pretty good job at getting enough exclusive info that if you really care about knowing stuff like that as soon as possible then it would be worth it.

I think you just paid for Sony to advertise something too you.

I also think that if you wait a very short period of time everything from each Qore episode will hit the web for free.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@ Starcraft
By your logic then paying for any gaming magazine would be paying to have stuff advertised to you as well, since it seemed that the segments actually showed some good info, like a video on IGN.com, or an article in a magazine.

yes this whole Qore thing is probibly just sony advertising to me but in return i think i got some pretty good exclusive looks at games and info so to me it was worth it, it might not be worth it for everybody else

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

Around the Network

If the contents good, buy it. Its like saying why buy a dvd when you can dl it for free? The reality is its a service, pay for it if you think its worth it.

starcraft said:

I think you just paid for Sony to advertise something too you.

I also think that if you wait a very short period of time everything from each Qore episode will hit the web for free.

Cool, where do i go on the internet to get the demos and betas?

Oh Starcraft.... you were doing so good... i guess that can only last a few days. To bad. 

Oh, and I bought the yearly thing. I figure it's worth 25 bucks. I mainly did it for the beta keys to Home, LBP, and anything else. I assume Qore members will get first dibs on most of that stuff.

I hate the advertisements, but every magazine is filled with them. At least they were very short, and all but one was a game trailer (Burger King had one in there).

I got it, I was happy with the free game they gave me....which is an 8 dollar game on PSN, happy with the socom beta, and happy with the theme, but as far as the magazine itself.....i wish they did more. They did show a lot for a few games but i wanted a little more. Like some video reviews or something. More like an actuall magazine.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

soulsamurai said:
They did show a lot for a few games but i wanted a little more. Like some video reviews or something. More like an actuall magazine.

yea, but if I want a review, I have 30 places on the internet I can go to get one. The content in Qore is stuff that can only be seen there. 

I also like that they went the route of lots of information on a few games, instead of a little bit of information on a lot of games.

The artwork slide shows were cool. I wish there was a way to make one your background (or if there is, I wish I knew what it was) :)