By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hawkeye said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@HawkEYe

well cus of the PS2 games the Ps3 wins...

also Eternal Sonata is coming to PS3..maybe not in NA though..

The thing is, I could get a 360 and ps2 and it would $20 less than the MGS4 bundle... but I don't want MGS4 as I havn't played any of the others and have never really played stealth games... so I guess the question is,

does the benfit of blu ray and remote play and PS3 games outweigh the benifit of Xbox 360 games and Xbox 360's multiplayer capabilites (as it has better though expensive online and most of my friends have a 360) 

That's not a bad way to go. I would go PS3 for the $20 bucks (you can trade MGS4 in if you like).

The 360 will upscale DVD's, and those look real close to BR on a small HDTV. Not sure how big yours is. The 360 has a lot of great games, so either way, you win.

If you are a JRPG fan and have never played the PS2, you need something that will play them. (your above solution works

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
But nothing better than being able to make yer own levels....imo

Banjo was a Platformer....it isn't a platformer anymore
That is fundamentally false.

The game is a platformer.  Do you consider SMG not to be a platformer because ithas some races in it?  Banjo won't be full of races.  Most previews showed people three scenarios, and only one was a race.

Hell, you could say its more of a platformer than SMG.  In Banjo you have to collect your parts and build your own vehicle 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Blacksaber said:
I would say this go for the 360 now and a get a PS2 after the price cut.

But isn't 360 getting an $100 price cut this fall?

@Hawkeye

also PS2 looks like crap on a HD TV....seriously....but PS3 upscales the games to make them look nice

just giving you a warning as I could not play GT 4 or FF12 on my friends HD TV with his PS2 plugged in

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well going by your PS2 games list, I would get a PS3. FF, GoW, J&D, R&C etc will all be appearing on the PS3. Also if you got the 80GB, you could play all those PS2 games.

Going by your avatar, I would wait until reviews of Banjo 3 come in. If it turns out to be awesome you might want to pick up a 360 :).

Hope I helped :D

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
Hawkeye said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@HawkEYe

well cus of the PS2 games the Ps3 wins...

also Eternal Sonata is coming to PS3..maybe not in NA though..

The thing is, I could get a 360 and ps2 and it would $20 less than the MGS4 bundle... but I don't want MGS4 as I havn't played any of the others and have never really played stealth games... so I guess the question is,

does the benfit of blu ray and remote play and PS3 games outweigh the benifit of Xbox 360 games and Xbox 360's multiplayer capabilites (as it has better though expensive online and most of my friends have a 360)

That's not a bad way to go. I would go PS3 for the $20 bucks (you can trade MGS4 in if you like).

The 360 will upscale DVD's, and those look real close to BR on a small HDTV. Not sure how big yours is. The 360 has a lot of great games, so either way, you win.

If you are a JRPG fan and have never played the PS2, you need something that will play them. (your above solution works )

It upscales movies to 420P? That would be excellent. I have a 32 inch or 36 inch LG 720P HDTV. Is that to big to make the upscaling look good?

@starcraft

you twist thing well my friend....

In SMG they never even showed those races when previewing the game

in Banjo they make the races VERY clear & they make the Vehicles VERY CLEAR to the viewer

a platformer isn't about flying around on a vehicle....or blowing up blockes with MArio on them

darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

PS3 could get a price cut to $299 soon as well....

& 360 doesn't have better exclusives as PS3 80GB will include the whole playstation brand..which includes PS2 exclusives that pwns 360's library

HE would get everything in 1 place without having to have 2 seperate systems to plug in or switch cables n so on.

You are living in a dream land.  There is a strong possibility the PS3 wont get a single price cut this year, and a $100 cut is COMPLETELY out of the question.  Look at Son'y last quarterly report.

Its funny, you haven't considered backward compatable Xbox exclusives when you've been downplaying the 360's brilliance for the last few months.

The latest PS2's are tiny, and it will get a price cut soon.

360 now, PS2 in a few months.  Thats your best option.  

If you truly need Blu-Ray, get a PS3.  Thats it. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@Hawkeye

but the biggest thing is PS2 games are unplayable on a HD TV without them being in a PS3 as it upscales them

on its own a PS2 puts out terrible grfx on a HD TV......it gave me headaches anyway

darthdevidem01 said:
@Hawkeye

also PS2 looks like crap on a HD TV....seriously....but PS3 upscales the games to make them look nice

just giving you a warning as I could not play GT 4 or FF12 on my friends HD TV with his PS2 plugged in

My GC and VC games look like S**T on my HDTV but it is too much of a pain to unhook the sesor bar and transfer TVs :(

I do have another TV though that is SDTV and 30 something inches big. Does PS3 make PS2 games look great the way the Wii makes VC games look great? (assuming I an SDTV, I am sure PS2 games will look terrible on HDTV)