By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Aj_habfan said:
According to YOU earlier today, "But I would only buy PS3 over 360 this fall if Sony introduces a $299 PS3 with backwards compatibility"

That won't happen. Looks like you made your decision already.

That was today? XD

Yeah I have been kinda agasin the PS3. Today though I found out about Disagaea 3 and looked up PS2 games... I didnt think there would be 45 or so games that I wanted XD And I didn't know that the MGS4 PS3 was BC, so... 

Around the Network
Torillian said:

I read into that Darth, since I thought it would be ironic to disprove Starcraft the same day, but that's a first gen 360, and those should be expected to break down. I assume he wouldn't be buying a first gen.

edit: good work on that PS2 list btw, games like Psychonauts and SotC deserve more sales. Just don't buy them used or I'll punch you in the Kidneys. You can buy the rest used, they had enough sales......but not those damn it.

double edit: same goes for Okami

Lol.  They love trying to use very old 360's to show recent 360's dont work properly.

Fact is we hear of more recent PS3's stuffing up than recent 360's stuffing up nowadays. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

get a PS3,,,most of 360 exclusives will be available on PC,,so you won't miss much,,,,and don't buy a console for banjo and kazooie now ,,,it might turn out to be a mediocre game.(it might also end up on PC,,,a better version of it ,like most of 360 exclusives)

by the looks of the list you provided,it seems you like lots of Sony Computer Entertainment games which will never be available on PC.

plus blu-ray on HD-tv is something that you need to have to make proper use of your HDtv.

with 80GB you get access to all PS1,PS2,PS3 games .the console is super quite and very reliable.(360 sounds like a jet engine when it's working)

Oh, and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts will be the only platformer out this generation to rival SMG's brilliance.

get the 80GB PS3.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
get a PS3,,,most of 360 exclusives will be available on PC,,so you won't miss much,,,,and don't buy a console for banjo and kazooie now ,,,it might turn out to be a mediocre game.(it might also end up on PC,,,a better version of it ,like most of 360 exclusives)

by the looks of the list you provided,it seems you like lots of Sony Computer Entertainment games which will never be available on PC.

plus blu-ray on HD-tv is something that you need to have to make proper use of your HDtv.

with 80GB you get access to all PS1,PS2,PS3 games .the console is super quite and very reliable.(360 sounds like a jet engine when it's working)

He may not be a PC gamer.  Even if he is, you just told him not to buy a 360 based on future games potential.

If you cant see the 360's wonderful games and think potential isn't enough to buy one, you definitely can't justify a PS3 purchase. 

SpartanFX said:

1) I made a list of notable 360 exclusives (not just console exclusives) earlier today, and there's actually more than on the PS3. Plus, no Rare Xbox/X360 game has been ported to the PC thus far, so there's no reason to believe that BK3 will.

2) He's looking for a game console, not a movie player, from the sound of it.

3) You can play all but a handful of those games on a $130 PS2. And the 80gb isn't entirely backwards compatible; many key games will not play, or play properly on it. Finally, my 360 is pretty quiet; when have you heard a 360 that sounds "like a jet engine"?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

@Garcian SMith

80GB PS3 is 95% BC

now I doubt he has some obscure Japanese import games that won't work

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PS2 or the 80 GB MGS4 bundle (assuming you are in the US).  There are so many PS2 games you've missed.  I think I have bought more PS2 games in the last year and a half than PS3/Wii/PC combined.  Plus you can usually buy 3 or 4 for the price of one new game.  Also did you have a PS1?  It seems that you like JRPG's, and there are a lot for it that are worth a play even today.

If you are buying it solely for current gen games (that are out now): 360
If you have a gaming PC: PS3
If you want to watch blu-ray movies: PS3

Well I could go on with different pros and cons, but I'll just end it here.  I could also recommend some more PS2 games lol.

pearljammer said:
Tough choice...

I guess rather than just list great exclusives tha are out and are coming out, it'd be better to think of the must-haves their are for each.

As you have already said, you aren't overly keen on shooters, so is online gaming that big a deal?

Also, if you are planning on getting a PS2 regardless, the PS3 option saves you $130 which would put it only a bit more than a 360.

But, in all honesty, I would probably opt for the PS2 only as you have so many PSP (get Jeanne D'Arc), DS and Wii games you already want. The PS2 alone will provide you enough games for the summer. Unless HD gaming/movies are that big a deal (I'm now obsessed with blu-ray), I'd go for the PS2 and get a PS3/360 when they're cheaper.

Thanks for helping me. Your absolutly right. I'll list "big games"  for each

1. Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts

2. Elder Scrolls: Obliviion

3. Fable 2

4. Blue Dragon

5. Lost Oddesy

6. Eternal Sonata

7. Ninja Gaiden 2

8. Halo Wars

9. Burnout Paradise

10. Viva Pinata

11. Mass Effect

12. Arcade games (geometry was, pac man championship ect)

13. Infinite Undiscovery

PS3

1. Crapload of PS2 games

2. Blu-ray 

3. Little Big Planet

4. Disagaea 3

5. Burnout Paradise

6. Edler Scrolls:Obliviion

7. Rachet and Clank Future: Tools of Desturtion

later- FF13, Valkeria Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles