By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wii = Far less than PS3.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
When is PS2 going down to $99?
The MGS4 PS3 is BC right?

We could possibly see an announcement on a price drop for the PS2 at E3.  MGS4 PS3 is backwards compatible with most PS2 and PSone games.

Go for 80GB PS3 now

play ALL those PS2 games....by the time your done FF13 will be out

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yeah, so your saying that it would be best to get a PS2 this summer, game the carp outa it (im going to have 6 plus hours of free time each day if I manage to not get a job and only mow a couple lawns a week) and then get an aracde 360 this fall when the price drops (hopefully?)
Is the 360 arcade able to go online and HDTV compatible?

pro

-lots and lots of great games out RIGHT NOW- eternal sonata, blue dragon, eternall oddesy, halo 3, viva pinata, mass effect, Ninja Gaiden 2 ect

That right there should have been the end of your decision process. The Xbox 360 will get the majority of the PS3's games except first-party titles, and it will keep its JRPG's because most of them (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Cry On) are funded by Microsoft. Also if you check out Soriku's latest thread, it looks like Microsoft is announcing more Japanese games on Tuesday.

Furthermore, I haven't heard a single report of a 360 manufactured post-October breaking down, so I'd think that that "annoyance" is gone now.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
Yeah, so your saying that it would be best to get a PS2 this summer, game the carp outa it (im going to have 6 plus hours of free time each day if I manage to not get a job and only mow a couple lawns a week) and then get an aracde 360 this fall when the price drops (hopefully?)

of course but you have to buy the hdmi cable...

Hawkeye said:

Yes and yes, on the 360 front.

As for the people saying to get an 80gb PS3: Consider that for the price of an 80gb PS3 and one game ($560), you can get a PS2 ($130) and $430 worth of games. And, seeing as most of the PS2's back catalog is heavily discounted, that $430 will amount to a LOT of games. As in, probably 40 or so.

@ eliasg: HDMI cables are like $5 + shipping on Newegg. It's not like they're a great expense.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

darthdevidem01 said:
Go for 80GB PS3 now

play ALL those PS2 games....by the time your done FF13 will be out

Good point... and I can do remote play play and Blu-ray and a couple games like rachet and clank future and LBP and Disgaea while I wait for FF13... though I really really want to play BK nuts and bolts :P

@Hawkeye

You said you have friends with a 360...go for a sleepover or something

bTW 360's are still breaking down

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28918

I say don't risk it....buy PS3..play Ps2 games all summer...by then LBP will be coming out...n WKS as well.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I read into that Darth, since I thought it would be ironic to disprove Starcraft the same day, but that's a first gen 360, and those should be expected to break down. I assume he wouldn't be buying a first gen.

edit: good work on that PS2 list btw, games like Psychonauts and SotC deserve more sales.  Just don't buy them used or I'll punch you in the Kidneys.  You can buy the rest used, they had enough sales......but not those damn it.  

double edit: same goes for Okami