By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hawkeye said:

Dammit... PS3 would be better to get in 09 as an Xmas present but it has a blu ray player and other stuff. May be I should just work all summer at a part time job and save up and get both lol. Except then I wouldnt have time to ever play those 45 PS2 games :(

A cash gift of $2000 would solve my problem :)

Honestly, if the 360 has two to three times the games you want and money is an issue, its a no-brainer.

The PS3 is currently very over-priced.  Ask for it in 2009 as a christmas gift.  Or buy one late next year when its cheaper and some of the big games Darth keeps talking about are actually out. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

honestly if you wanna play 40 PS2 games you will not have time to play either 360 or PS3 for atleast another six months

I bumped the Valkryia Chronicles thread with all the video's so that you and Starcraft can check it out :) It's in the hot topics as we type.

starcraft said:

In any case, a 360 now and a PS2 at the end of the year after a price drop sounds like easily the best value proposition for you.

I think the PS2 now, and the 360 or PS3 later when the games he likes LBP and BK3 comes out is the wiser move.

That way he will have more information as to what to buy then.

I definetly think you should wait for the reviews of BK3 and then make a decision accordingly.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

In any case, a 360 now and a PS2 at the end of the year after a price drop sounds like easily the best value proposition for you.

I think the PS2 now, and the 360 or PS3 later when the games he likes LBP and BK3 comes out is the wiser move.

That way he will have more information as to what to buy then.

exactly what realmafoo says,,,,Buy a PS2 now and you will be pretty busy for the next 7 months,,,then look at each one's game library then decide.

with 40 PS2 games there is no more room for any other console ,,be it PS3 or 360

Thanks everyone, I have finally decided what I am going to do. I will *try* to get a job this summer, and then play PSP and Wii and DS games. Then this fall I will look at the lineup and revies and then decide what to get, though right now I am thinking that I will get a 360 this fall, and then a PS3 next summer, or a PS2 next summer and then a PS3 the summer after that. If I find I really like Disagae or something though, I might get PS3. Only problem I can see with my plan is
1. I may not get a job and
2. By next summer, games like Okami ect might be expensive... may be I should get a PS2 this summer and play the games and then return the PS2 after a few months? PSP games are going down in price anyway I feel.

Again, thanks for taking time to help me, and what do you think of my plan? 

I think you should get a ps2 now, think about it and get prefered console later. (also gives you time to save up some $$$)

So you are going to buy both lol. Seriously, check out the Valkyria Chronicles thread :)

Hawkeye said:

Thanks everyone, I have finally decided what I am going to do. I will *try* to get a job this summer, and then play PSP and Wii and DS games. Then this fall I will look at the lineup and revies and then decide what to get, though right now I am thinking that I will get a 360 this fall, and then a PS3 next summer, or a PS2 next summer and then a PS3 the summer after that. If I find I really like Disagae or something though, I might get PS3. Only problem I can see with my plan is
1. I may not get a job and
2. By next summer, games like Okami ect might be expensive... may be I should get a PS2 this summer and play the games and then return the PS2 after a few months? PSP games are going down in price anyway I feel.

Again, thanks for taking time to help me, and what do you think of my plan?

I thought you wanted to take advantage of an HDTV? Or did I misread that?

As long as you get to play the Ps2 and 360's games this year I'd say you have won.  But as I've said before, the PS2 is more likely to get a price drop, which is a reason I'd buy the 360 first. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS